Side or top information panels

spider

This idea was brought about by a request in the support forums so although it is not my direct idea, the more I thought about it the more I think it may just make a reasonable additional setting or style property that can be easily switched from side or top.

I can only show a pic from VB3 (IDK if later versions have it or not, but it does not matter) to illustrate it as is commonly said "a picture is a thousand words" so it is quite easy for the picture to speak for itself in this.

It should be obvious but it is actually two pictures of the same post quicky "stuck together" with paint.net to illustrate this. I could of made a mockup pic of XF2 with this but it was far quicker to grab and make the following as it shows exactly what is meant:

side_vs_top_posting_informations_views.png

Summary is just that the 'switch' should let the administrator choose if he/she/they etc etc etc wishes to choose to display the information on each post/content "to the side" or "to the top"

Thank you for taking a minute to read this simple and small suggestion on how to improve XF2.

Upvote 7
Top Bottom