1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showcase your RM installation

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Robert F Schmitz, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

As I begin working on integrating the RM on a site or two I thought it may be nice to see what others are doing with the RM.

My first attempt to integrate is on www.myfoxhunter.com.
    Edit: Forgot that I had viewing disabled for unregistered. Fixed now! :)

What are you doing?

2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

great thread, I've been interested to see what others have done with it as well.
    I have a copy but haven't installed it yet, waiting on my skin to be updated so I can update xf first.

Robert F Schmitz likes this.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

4. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I'm creating RM Articles which you can see on my test install here:
    http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/oval/resources/

I saw the potential for the RM to be an AM! straight away when it first came out over a year ago. I rremember posting in a mockup here somewhere back then.

The main issue is getting multiple page articles. but with a bit of genius from a certain well known developer, we're almost there. Currently untangling navigation between the article pages.
    (The dev is being shy until the RM Articles is done. I'll patch .the name in later when he lets me!

RM Articles means some template tweaks, one tiny change to a php file and a LOT of phrase edits.
    I'm really pleased with the result so far. More on the way.

Discussion and progress reports here
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rm-article-manager.47084/

0ptima and Robert F Schmitz like this.
  5. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Since its been released almost an week now, im curious to see how everyone setup their RM. We are still working on ours but I will edit this and place a link showing it off shortly! :)

6. cdub

cdub Well-Known Member

I've mostly seen how the resource manager is used on this site- but how is the resource manger used on other sites?

What types of files do you have there?

Is there a way to monetize the resource manger for the forums? I guess make it that only a paid upgrade user can upload resources?

7. cdub

cdub Well-Known Member

oh wow it's only a week old. I didn't know that.

So it's almost like a classified section? (I saw one example had a services offered section) That could actually be very useful for my forums. (which i'm in the process of moving over to XenForo)

Are people adding a subscription fee to be a certain level of user in order to upload or add to the resources?

8. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Site is down for me :(

9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Server Issues. Been like that for the last 6-7 hours.

Sylar likes this.
  10. Morgain

It's over a year old in use on this site but it was only released on sale a week ago.

11. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Ermagerd! One of my favorite sites be down :(

Shelley likes this.
  12. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Long way to go ... but here is a link to the current state:

http://www.tuxreportsnetwork.com/community/resources

Worked this weekend getting the WordPress side to list the latest resources added as well as getting notices to show on the WP side.

Will slowly move Tablet PC Post over.

13. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Robert F Schmitz and LPH like this.
  14. Morgain

Jealous - we're still coding and tweaking. Still I should be able to transfer existing content on my first site by end of this week I think.

15. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I just have a lot of spare time on my days off from work, so set about moving all the stuff in a couple of afternoons.

16. Robert F Schmitz

Got all of the forums and categories set up for this site. Now in the process of moving items over to the RM. Although one can't use prefixes directly, being able to assign a category to a prefix in a forum is very helpful.

DallastownOnline

17. Robert F Schmitz