1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Why User Was Moderated on Registration

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by BamaStangGuy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have more information on why a user was put into moderation when they registered. For example, which of the 3 StopForumSpam criteria that they met.

whynot, DeltaHF, 0ptima and 5 others like this.
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

This would be really useful. I've had 2 people so far sign up to my new site who have been put into moderation. Both of them a people I personally know, and ar registered on my other XF site, so it would have been good to see exactly what triggered the moderation.

3. Freddie Agricola

Freddie Agricola Active Member

Not running 1.2 RC1, but does it put data on moderation in logs, or only on rejection?

Still, would be nice to have a listing in the queue itself.

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

From what I can see in the ACP, it doesn't log anything. I had a spammer try to sign up on my dev site as it's not behind a .htaccess at the minute while I test some things out, and the option set is manually approve when at least 1 of the warning flags are triggered. There was no log of this sign up, and as I rejected it, that doesn't appear to be logged any where either.

5. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Bump. Logging for DNSBL and StopForumSpam is almost a requirement if you are going to use these. Way to many false positives and no information to go on.