Show who's viewing / who has viewed a thread.

DominicE

I'm not sure if this is posted yet, but maybe show (x viewing) for the forum index page and also who is viewing a forum / thread?

Plus a list of those who have already viewed.

It comes in handy sometimes when you're curious who is viewing a topic or forum.

Upvote 103
Kier mentioned that while the data is tracked, it's just not shown yet. From a suggestion thread I imagine this will come soon[ish].

In the suggestion thread only the status for user discussed. I need in forumhome a litte notice "3 Viewing" the forum like vb.

I always turn it off; one of my sites had a framework built for a private game server, so we were querying that database frequently, and we began to cut down as much as we can on queries.

I also don't see much point to it, most people will reply, and then leave a thread, not caring if people are actually in the topic or not.

Essential for me: I quite frequently check to see if users/moderators are just logged in and lollygagging on the home page or if they are actively searching/replying to posts.

I was going to respond to your post before you edited, and say you were a stalker, but you changed it.

But you're still a stalker.
I changed it because I misread the suggestion :D I read it to mean the "who's read a thread" hehehe and yeah... I'm the ultimate stalker ;)

I also don't see much point to it, most people will reply, and then leave a thread, not caring if people are actually in the topic or not.
Well, we had it active for years and then deactivated it (the list of users inside threads) to much revolt. People went nuts not being able to see other members in their regional threads. Some people would sit in them all day essentially, and refreshing the page would show them who was in the thread. I guess you could look at it as a "chat" to an extent in some threads. Needless to say, I know a lot of people are used to having it in vb and would miss not having it in xen

we only allowed staff the ability to go invisible, and that was purely to monitor issues if a thread was going south. They were not using invisible to monitor the site on an ongoing basis

Top Bottom