Duplicate Show who's viewing a thread.

emmy

I don't know if this has been requested or there is a add on to show who's viewing a thread while browsing those topics/threads?

Thank you

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Doesn't show who is viewing currently just who has read. DB Tech did the one who is viewing the thread.

WARNING, DB Tech's (and RagTek's original plugin, don't know about the one linked) will cause thread redirects to error out. They do not check to see if the thread is a redirect and cause the controller to not return a response. In addition to DB Tech's insertion method being outdated, I had it screwing with my CSS because of that.

I combined them both into one addon and as I am learning am rewriting them into my own original code so that I can contribute it back to the community.

This is what I initially did with them though:
whoread.webp

Worth mentioning @borbole has related addon's for both though one of them is not in this format (think its a drop down at the top) while the other one is.

Last edited:
Doesn't show who is viewing currently just who has read. DB Tech did the one who is viewing the thread.

WARNING, DB Tech's (and RagTek's original plugin, don't know about the one linked) will cause thread redirects to error out. They do not check to see if the thread is a redirect and cause the controller to not return a response. In addition to DB Tech's insertion method being outdated, I had it screwing with my CSS because of that.

I combined them both into one addon and as I am learning am rewriting them into my own original code so that I can contribute it back to the community.

This is what I initially did with them though:
View attachment 73504

Worth mentioning @borbole has related addon's for both though one of them is not in this format (think its a drop down at the top) while the other one is.
Looks good!

Looks good!

Thanks. I did actually do my release today. I had new, original, probably never to be released projects on my plate. But I felt it was time to sit down start from as clean a slate as is possible and write this today. So far looking at all the threads posted and the source code to Xenforo as well as many plugin I have learned so much. All I can say is thank you to this community for all that you have helped me help my own community with. Turn around and give the results back. People like @Chris D who while working on commercial projects has the time to stop and help someone out. I probably read 3 threads of his along today that went somewhere into this.

Anyways for anyone this particular style suits that wants to give it a whirl its here - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/raindd-thread-activity-users-viewed-viewing-thread.3178/

Top Bottom