1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show "Start a conversation, Follow" to non members

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Luke B, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Luke B

Luke B Active Member

It sounds odd I know but I would like to show "start a conversation" and "follow" to guests when they view member cards. When they click it, they would be taken to the "You must be logged-in to do that." page.

The idea behind this is to incurage visitors to join. How can I get this bad boy done? :)

_r1_c1.png

Sola likes this.
  2. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

In the member_card template find this:
    Code:

<xen:if is="{$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
    				<xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></xen:if>
    				<xen:follow user="$user" class="Tooltip" />
    				<xen:if is="{$canCleanSpam}"><a href="{xen:link spam-cleaner, $user}" class="deleteSpam OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase spam}</a></xen:if>
    			</xen:if>

Change it to this:

Code:

<xen:if is="{$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
    				<a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a>
    				<xen:follow user="$user" class="Tooltip" />
    				<xen:if is="{$canCleanSpam}"><a href="{xen:link spam-cleaner, $user}" class="deleteSpam OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase spam}</a></xen:if>
    			</xen:if>

3. Luke B

Luke B Active Member

Okay, the "start conversation" shows but not the "follow, unfollow".
    Thank you for helping me with this.