XF 2.0 Can I send email from xenforo to non members using default Email option?

I was using wordpress before using xenforo to my site, so I had about 800 subscription of emails. I need to invite them to register on my site, so I tried from ACP > Communication > Email users > and put all emails in Email field separated with comma (,), but it's not working. Is there a way to send an email to email address from xenforo??

That option is for registered users, so the email field is only viable for emails that already exist in the database.

Your options are to email directly from wordprss (which I think needs a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-users/

I'm not sure how compliant that kind of plugin is (e.g. regarding unsubscribe button) so you could be accused of spam.

Probably best to use something like Mailchimp. Even then, if they didn't all opt in to receive emails there could be issues, but for a one-off relevant email I think you are OK.

That option is for registered users, so the email field is only viable for emails that already exist in the database.

Your options are to email directly from wordprss (which I think needs a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-users/

I'm not sure how compliant that kind of plugin is (e.g. regarding unsubscribe button) so you could be accused of spam.

Probably best to use something like Mailchimp. Even then, if they didn't all opt in to receive emails there could be issues, but for a one-off relevant email I think you are OK.
Thanks for your fast response.. and sorry for my poor English, I will try my best to explain you again:
My site previously used wordpress as CMS and I had about 800 users but I replace a wordpress with xenforo this month. So, before I switch to xenforo I manually wrote down email of users one after another. Now, I need to send an email to those email accounts to make a register in my site. I tried domain default mail but it rejected due to large list. I want to send using xenforo by manually typing email for all users. I have tried like below in attachment but It returns 0 email address. Is this possible this way or not? Thanks

Attachments

• xen123.webp
    xen123.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 4
No, if I understand you correctly, you won't be able to do that as the xenforo email users form can only send to members already registered. If these are people that you want to re-register to your (now) xenforo site then you will not be able to do that from xenforo.

If you have already deleted your wordpress site but have a list to email, then you can only do that with some other email sending system, not xenforo.

I would recommend something like Mailchimp.

If you still have the database of the worpress site, you could set that up again on a private subdomain or in a private subdirectory, then use the plugin I mentioned above to do a bulk email from wordpress.

Disclaimer: I haven't used that plugin, it may best best to check with your host if a bulk email of 800 is appropriate. If it's shared hosting there's chance it will all be marked as spam by the recipients ISP.

This is why I recommend Mailchimp for this as you can upload your list and send a compliant bulk email.

Alternatively one of the xenforo/wordpress bridge Addons may be useful (but I think they work the other way round, ie xf to wp) or ask if someone can help you import the users from wordpress (or direct from your list) to xenforo. But that is beyond my experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom