• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Show private forum

Liam W

xenForo really needs this feature - the ability to display forum's to users that don't have permission to see them, but when they click them they get a no permission message.

Martok

You can't do this with private nodes but you could do this with a public node using these permissions:

View threads by others: Revoke (or possibly Never)
View thread content: Revoke (or possibly Never)

At least I think this would work...

Liam W

You can't do this with private nodes but you could do this with a public node using these permissions:

View threads by others: Revoke (or possibly Never)
View thread content: Revoke (or possibly Never)

At least I think this would work...
Then when they click the forum, they would see an empty forum with no threads, so it wouldn't really work.

Shelley

I temp tried it because i have a contributors area. in forum_view they can see all the threads that are posted but when they click to go in a thread only then the permission error is pulled.

I think liam is wanting it to display to them in forum_list but when they go into forum_view a permission error is pulled as it is when they venture into thread_view. I could be wrong in assuming that is what Liam is wanting. If so I agree.

Liam W

I temp tried it because i have a contributors area. in forum_view they can see all the threads that are posted but when they click to go in a thread only then the permission error is pulled.

I think liam is wanting it to display to them in forum_list but when they go into forum_view a permission error is pulled as it is when they venture into thread_view. I could be wrong in assuming that is what Liam is wanting. If so I agree.
I think thats pretty much it :)

vBulletin has this feature, and I used it a lot - it can be good for showcasing premium forum's etc.

Shelley

I think thats pretty much it :)

vBulletin has this feature, and I used it a lot - it can be good for showcasing premium forum's etc.
Yeah, I used it alot to. it let's member's know there is a hidden gem that can be accessed but they have to (contribute/purchase whatever) to view what is in that area. Personally, I never did understand why we couldn't do this but since you mentioned it and i used it regularly on the old software I think somehow it should be implemented.