Lack of interest Show private forum

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
xenForo really needs this feature - the ability to display forum's to users that don't have permission to see them, but when they click them they get a no permission message.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can't do this with private nodes but you could do this with a public node using these permissions:

View threads by others: Revoke (or possibly Never)
View thread content: Revoke (or possibly Never)

At least I think this would work...

You can't do this with private nodes but you could do this with a public node using these permissions:

View threads by others: Revoke (or possibly Never)
View thread content: Revoke (or possibly Never)

At least I think this would work...

Then when they click the forum, they would see an empty forum with no threads, so it wouldn't really work.

I temp tried it because i have a contributors area. in forum_view they can see all the threads that are posted but when they click to go in a thread only then the permission error is pulled.

I think liam is wanting it to display to them in forum_list but when they go into forum_view a permission error is pulled as it is when they venture into thread_view. I could be wrong in assuming that is what Liam is wanting. If so I agree.

I temp tried it because i have a contributors area. in forum_view they can see all the threads that are posted but when they click to go in a thread only then the permission error is pulled.

I think liam is wanting it to display to them in forum_list but when they go into forum_view a permission error is pulled as it is when they venture into thread_view. I could be wrong in assuming that is what Liam is wanting. If so I agree.

I think thats pretty much it :)

vBulletin has this feature, and I used it a lot - it can be good for showcasing premium forum's etc.

I think thats pretty much it :)

vBulletin has this feature, and I used it a lot - it can be good for showcasing premium forum's etc.

Yeah, I used it alot to. it let's member's know there is a hidden gem that can be accessed but they have to (contribute/purchase whatever) to view what is in that area. Personally, I never did understand why we couldn't do this but since you mentioned it and i used it regularly on the old software I think somehow it should be implemented.

Top Bottom