XF 1.5 "Show older items" shows newer items

RichardKYA

In "Your news feed", the "Show Older Items" button displays newer items on my site? I've tried this is XF Default and it still does it.

I can't reproduce it here as I don't follow anyone here, so I can't test it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you

On your site does it also do the same on the Recent Activity page? (Members > Recent Activity) This is more or less the same data.

I've just tested it here and it works as expected. Can't access your site so do you have a screenshot demonstrating the issue?

Recent Activity works fine.

The order of the content on News Feed page is in the correct order from top to bottom, so most recent at the top, then earlier content at the bottom, but when I click "Show older items", it shows 2 items from Friday (which are not displayed at the top of the news feed either)...

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 22.52.39.webp

It looks like it's something to do with the user news feed cache. If I turn it off, it seems to sort the issue out.

Is it safe for me to truncate xf_user_news_feed_cache or will that mess things up elsewhere?

Gods knows. It's not something I look at often, so maybe that's something to do with it. That said, I checked a couple of other test accounts and their feed was even more weird, one had about 6 items from August last year in the middle of items from today and last week.

I'll truncate the table and turn the cache back on and see how things go from there.

Top Bottom