• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Show moderators in thread, forum and nodelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Could you not use the hook forum_view_pagenav_before and str_replace the HTML?

2) If I assign a moderator to a category, this modification doesn't show moderators in child forums. It's because the content condition ('content' => array('node', $hookParams['thread/forum']['node_id'])) only checks if that specific ID has any moderators and doesn't check for inheritance from parent nodes.

1) str_replace the HTML is really no good idea. But the Hook you requested, i an empty Hook.

2) Hm. I take the Mods from the Moderator Model with the function getContentModerators. Shouldn't this function returns all moderators?

2) Hm. I take the Mods from the Moderator Model with the function getContentModerators. Shouldn't this function returns all moderators?

Yes, but you also apply the node_id condition so only moderators who are explicitly (not inherently) moderators of that node_id will be returned.

You could create a new function that recursively checks parent nodes for forum privileges. It's safe to say you'll probably have to create a custom function.

I can't actually see from the pictures where the moderator is showing up.

I want a forum moderator's userbit to show beside the page title
and if there is none to inherit from the parent node.

I'll set this for a next release to take a look how to fetch the data. There is a missing column 'parentlist' in the node table. ;)

I can't actually see from the pictures where the moderator is showing up.

I want a forum moderator's userbit to show beside the page title
and if there is none to inherit from the parent node.

The Moderators are shown up on the right top of each thread and discussion.

OK thanks guiys.
I guress it wouldn't be too tough to make their avatar and title appear then. Nice work Hoffi.

Did you know your name means to like or love in Welsh?

Nide Idea. I'll add this to the List.

I didn't know this thing with my name. But it's only a short version from my lastname.

"Show Moderators on the mein Node View" should display me this right ? it doesn't work :(

nodeview-png.23895

Just some suggestions and possible bugs...

• Change mein to main in the options tab, a simple spelling mistake but figured I would let you know before someone bashes you for it.
  • You should move the "botton" display for threads down further, where it stands right now it interferes with possible bars on the bottom of posts. I think if you moved it down to the very botton of the page below the reply box where post reply, upload a file, etc are. Just right below that would probably look a lot better.
  • I also suggest for the thread view the one of the top you put a little bit higher up. While this will not affect most forums or their functionality, if you have a thread that is unapproved or locked you have a bar that goes above the actual thread. Which conflicts with the placement of your actual add-on.
  • This one seems like more of a bug then personal preference, but when I added it for my forum view on the top, it ended up going in front of our "Post Thread" button on the default skin, not even our own skin. Which makes it a little hard for users to post threads when they can't click the button.
Now while I know some of there are simple alignment issues that can be quickly fixed, just thought I would bring them to your attention for future releases and improvements. Great add-on otherwise and I look forward to your future versions. I've attached screenshots of each problem to help you get a better idea of what I am talking about.

Forum View Top.webpThread View Bottom.webpThread View Top.webp

Small Update to Beta 2 for Node View. They changed the hook. You must change it back inside your template.

If you want to display the Moderators inside the Nodes, please do step 5 form installation. If you styled your own view, backup them before you install the XML. But it is not neccesary. The XML only fix typos and the CSS to not diplay the mods in front of the buttons.

I am using XenPorta, and for whatever reason, it isn't showing on my forum. Anywhere. On any of the template edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom