Lack of interest Show all posts button (like smf)?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Could easily cause performance issues in larger threads, which is I'd assume why the pagination system is in place in the first place.

Thanks. This is apparently a feature that SMF itself has done away with, since I don't see it in 2.0 versions. Unless it's something you have to enable in the admin. If it's a feature they've done away with, then maybe they did get rid of it for performance reasons. Having said that, though, I will say it works pretty quickly on the site you linked to. But then I don't know what kind of server they're hosted on, etc.

Last edited:
We don't live in 2008 anymore.
Using, for example, AJAX/JS to implement seamless loading as suggested would work, however I was referring to simply loading all posts at once in a single request, which would cause performance issues on large threads (talking 1000s of posts).

Most people hate seamless loading like Twitter or Facebook. I prefer classic 1 long page. If only text it should be no problem.

Top Bottom