Lack of interest Show add-on that cron entires belong to

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Onimua

Is it possible to display the add-on that cron entries belong to? It's a little difficult to figure out which entry belongs to what add-on, especially when the entries jump around depending on when they run on each cycle.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you're in Development mode, then you can.

Edit your \library\config.php file, and put the following line at the end:

Code:
$config['debug'] = true;

Save, and go into your AdminCP -> Tools -> Cron Entries

You should be able to edit the entries in there, so you can adjust the title. However, keep in mind that if you upgrade the product, you might have to repeat the exercise. You can also just start a private conversation with the developer of the mod and ask him/her to adjust the title.

If you're in Development mode, then you can.

Edit your \library\config.php file, and put the following line at the end:

Code:
$config['debug'] = true;

Save, and go into your AdminCP -> Tools -> Cron Entries

You should be able to edit the entries in there, so you can adjust the title. However, keep in mind that if you upgrade the product, you might have to repeat the exercise. You can also just start a private conversation with the developer of the mod and ask him/her to adjust the title.
I know that much. It was when I was creating a few cron entries that I realized it would be helpful to have them there. ;)

Since I already pick what add-on the cron entry belongs to, it makes sense to display what I put next to the name of the cron. This matches the behavior found when you create templates and event listeners for add-ons. Even route prefixes at least give some visual indication of where it belongs by displaying the class that's called.

If you've got a few crons from a few add-ons, it would be helpful to visually see that with information already there (and avoid long cron entry titles).

My point is Kier and Mike can't know which cron task relates to which add-on, nor can they account for every add-on even if they did.

Only the add-on developer can do that.

The suggestions forum is related to the core software, not add-ons.

off course they can't know, but they can change the view of the cron page:D

I think tHe threadcreater means, that he wants to see the add-on title here:
cronfoo.webp

My point is Kier and Mike can't know which cron task relates to which add-on, nor can they account for every add-on even if they did.

Only the add-on developer can do that.

The suggestions forum is related to the core software, not add-ons.
Add-on IDs are tracked within the xf_cron table, so they actually do know what cron belongs to what add-on.

xf_cron.webp

I'm just asking for that info to be displayed next to the cron names between the time/after the time, or break them into groups similar to Event Listeners:

code_listeners.webp

Top Bottom