Should Xenforo.com have some non-English forums ?

No, our rules currently state that all posts must be in English. Its been suggested, and when Kier, Mike, and Ashley determine its necessary and they have staff able to handle the forums that it will happen. At this time, it won't be happening.

I don't get your post about speakers of languages. That doesn't represent XenForo's customer base. So far there has been, generally, no problem with an English only site here, to my knowledge anyway. Enlighten me if I'm missing something.

no problem with an English only site here
how would you know ?
They aren't allowed to post !

I'm talking about what would be benefits of having other Languages represented here ?
Maybe there are no benefits !

Is there a Xenforo spanish site ? (where xenforo users talk in their own language ?)
German ?
French ?

how would you know ?
They aren't allowed to post !

I'm talking about what would be benefits of having other Languages represented here ?
Maybe there are no benefits !

Is there a Xenforo spanish site ?
Sure they are, they can use Google Translate or find a translator. There's a good reason for not allowing every language under the moon here, it's just confusing. If XenForo looked at the analytics for this site, I'm sure it would be predominantly users from English speaking countries.

I don't know, you can try searching on Google for a 3rd party XenForo support site in Spanish. If not, maybe that's a niche you could explore.

@whynot WBB is quite good at it. mostly because they are german speaking but want / need English sales.

I said 335 was slow ... just looking at the 5 countries off the top of my head.

upload_2016-12-1_17-40-19.webp

English customers are likely the majority of the sales.

The xenforo software is not suited to handle multilingual forums. It would become a mess.
They would need custom searching.

http://www.xendach.de/ seems like a good German site. found it via: xenforo deutsch

https://xenfacil.com/ good spanish site ... found via: xenforo español (i've seen the URL here before and I thought it was a french site !)

The spanish site stats ..
upload_2016-12-1_17-51-50.webp
Xenforo.com stats
upload_2016-12-1_17-53-18.webp

So size wise, they have 2% of the members of English Xenforo.com.
Smaller than I thought.

Last edited:
Sure they are, they can use Google Translate or find a translator. There's a good reason for not allowing every language under the moon here, it's just confusing. If XenForo looked at the analytics for this site, I'm sure it would be predominantly users from English speaking countries.
Classic case.. the Burning Board support forum. Their "native" language is in German and those of us that don't speak German typically languish away in the English area until we happenstance upon a reply from someone or use Google Translate.
And I'm pretty sure that chart that was posted was based upon populations and the native language, and not language speaking abilities of those that can speak multiple languages.

EDIT:
Yep, was right

Screen-Shot-2016-12-01-at-6.12.18-PM.webp

English also ranks as the #1 business language with Mandarin second.

Last edited:
Reactions: ENF
Is there a Xenforo spanish site ? (where xenforo users talk in their own language ?)
German ?
Yes: http://www.xendach.de/

There also are legal issues. As a company, you're to some extent liable for what happens on your site. I don't know the exact legal setting in the UK, but since they're still inside the EU, there probably are some similarities to Germany. You don't want to have subforums in languages you can't at least read. And no, voluntary moderators won't solve that problem.

Top Bottom