Lack of interest Should there be an Agree to Disagree button, like the like button?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I disagree. Also, I disagree to agree to disagree.
wink.png

Just joking (sort of)...I have never been a fan of polls as in my experience, the sample is to small to draw conclusions from. This may be a consequence of running a small board. It just seems to me that the problem is that you end up with a small group of passionate folks on any one question who desire to make a statement. For my purposes, I would rather read the discussions. But I could see how polls, agree to disagree, etc. might work or be helpful on some boards. I just don't see much use for it myself, personally.

I agree to hope that you get the functionality you want for your purposes, though!

Just joking (sort of)...I have never been a fan of polls as in my experience, the sample is to small to draw conclusions from. This may be a consequence of running a small board. It just seems to me that the problem is that you end up with a small group of passionate folks on any one question who desire to make a statement. For my purposes, I would rather read the discussions. But I could see how polls, agree to disagree, etc. might work or be helpful on some boards. I just don't see much use for it myself, personally.

I agree to hope that you get the functionality you want for your purposes, though!

Thanks... to me it's a default button, a part of life. Why can't forum users say no... are people just too scared of not being liked?

lol... so you said no! So you agree to disagree then, thats the same as no, just more polite!

You should have just clicked the agree to disagree button and save yourself some time and got on with something more constructive.

Hang on, there isn't a button like that....
wink.png

lol... so you said no! So you agree to disagree then, thats the same as no, just more polite!

You should have just clicked the agree to disagree button and save yourself some time and got on with something more constructive.

Hang on, there isn't a button like that.... ;)

If you can't take someone's opinion or choice then don't you think that your swaying how this suggestion is turning? Harassing members for the choices they make will not get your future suggestions looked at. That's the beauty of democracy, you have a choice not have someone else make that choice for you.

For the record, I don't agree with a agree to disagree feature. Better as an add-on for the selected niches that will benefit from it.

Shelly, how is it democratic if you can't say I disagree? You have just validated my point.

Additionally, If you click 'Like', it pops up beneath your post saying - You like this. - Then you are given the option to 'Unlike'... take back the fact that you liked the comment in the first place. Does this mean you now dislike or you just don't know why you liked in the fist place? If you like, then decide to unlike, it shows indecision... or a lack of options.

Shelly, how is it democratic if you can't say I disagree? You have just validated my point.

Additionally, If you click 'Like', it pops up beneath your post saying - You like this. - Then you are given the option to 'Unlike'... take back the fact that you liked the comment in the first place. Does this mean you now dislike or you just don't know why you liked in the fist place? If you like, then decide to unlike, it shows indecision... or a lack of options.

I disagree.

I disagree.

You could have clicked a button to say that... but there isn't one. I'll get it modded for my site. Thanks for proving I need it........

Also there has been 7 votes, all saying I agree to disagree... should have been a button for that... hang on............

Experiment over.... thanks to all for playing along.

If the option is not in the gold-stable, I'm not buying. The ability to add my own buttons is vital for me. Seems like a blinkered, unrealistic approach to a conversation. I'm here because its a new forum software. But the feature sets all seem to be very similar. It just look a bit nicer is all. How is that a benefit to me over a free php forum?

I want innovation, not fancy regurgitation.

my suggestion was for admins to be able to manage buttons. to be able to add buttons and label them as they saw fit. i gave examples of buttons people may wish to have other than (omg!) dislike. laugh, agree, hug... some guy was wanting 'praying'... but we cant be trusted to undertake that kind of admin duty. i mean, some chick on the other side of the globe might put a disagree button on her board that you will never visit, and we cant have that.

Top Bottom