Should i get xenForo

x4rl

Hello all

Well i cant say am rolling in money but! So many people have left vbulletin for this
Is it really that much better?
I do like the feel and look

I just feel ive wasted so much money in vb this is the real problem for me (vb,vbseo,mods etc..)

Hello all

Well i cant say am rolling in money but! So many people have left vbulletin for this
Is it really that much better?
I do like the feel and look

I just feel ive wasted so much money in vb this is the real problem for me (vb,vbseo,mods etc..)

That's entirely upto you.

Are you a developer? Every developer I've spoken to which is now over 30 each and everyone of the have said developing for xenforo is so much better. If you like to make your own custom styles I'll say now the styling system is by far heads and shoulders above any other forum product. It's very powerful yet easy to make changes. Want to make a full style colour change? you can do in under a minute (that's no exaggeration) and the template system makes styling xenforo so simple and fast.

Updating you forums (And kid you not) and your styles can be done in 5 minutes that 5 minutes is from you downloading the update to doing your style update. The stability of the product is excellent and has been since the first beta.

The support is excellent (pending you need it) the modding community are now building the more popular add-ons (gallery) portal has been made and posted.

In short, xenforo is leagues above your current solution it would be a crime to even compare them.

The seo in xenforo is very good you may want to read various happy comments from xenforo customers about the seo aspect and there are importers posted in the add-on area that people have successfully used to migrate from vbulletin to xenforo.

Thanks Shelley for the info
Yea it seem's great!no really Great!
Maybe its time i sell some vb stuff and buy this :D

Ill have a look see if there is a admin demo
Thanks again!

Like you, I made significant financial investments in vBulletin.I chose vB back in those days due to the excellent customer support, the significant availability of modifications and add-ons offered, and the proven track-record of the software. This was back in the vB3 days, mind you. Ever since upgrading one of my forums to vB4, I have noticed all kinds of errors, inconsistent behaviour, and other weird things happening. Well over a year later, I still have to get what I initially paid for when I bought my vB4 licenses, and frankly, I've lost all faith I'll ever get it, or that the software will become sufficiently stable.

However, rather than to stick to that, and somehow hope things will change for the better, I have learnt that in business it usually is better to cut your losses, and implement changes for the better. XenForo is exactly that. Customer support here is fantastic, with bugs or requests being actually addressed, rather than registered in some ticketing system only to see the devs reply motnhs later that they need more info, a large chunk of the vBulletin stylers and modification coders are hanging around here now, and I have no trouble believing that XenForo will have an excellent track-record. It's clear, both from my own test environment as well as the Xenforo.com site that the software is stable, robust, and offers genuine user friendliness to the participants.

My forums are still running on vB4, but in my mindset, I've already made the switch. My staff is extremely excited about the upcoming switch, and so am I. The money I invested in vB is gone anyway. No point in crying over sour milk. I'd much rather make some new investments, and from what I see so far, they will put me in a happier state of mind. That's arguably the best possible investment you could ever make :)

XenFans.com offers free admin demos for users, we're currently running rc2
To request your personal admin demo please use http://xenfans.com/misc/contact
Thanks i will ask if i can be shown one

Like you, I made significant financial investments in vBulletin.I chose vB back in those days due to the excellent customer support, the significant availability of modifications and add-ons offered, and the proven track-record of the software. This was back in the vB3 days, mind you. Ever since upgrading one of my forums to vB4, I have noticed all kinds of errors, inconsistent behaviour, and other weird things happening. Well over a year later, I still have to get what I initially paid for when I bought my vB4 licenses, and frankly, I've lost all faith I'll ever get it, or that the software will become sufficiently stable.

However, rather than to stick to that, and somehow hope things will change for the better, I have learnt that in business it usually is better to cut your losses, and implement changes for the better. XenForo is exactly that. Customer support here is fantastic, with bugs or requests being actually addressed, rather than registered in some ticketing system only to see the devs reply motnhs later that they need more info, a large chunk of the vBulletin stylers and modification coders are hanging around here now, and I have no trouble believing that XenForo will have an excellent track-record. It's clear, both from my own test environment as well as the Xenforo.com site that the software is stable, robust, and offers genuine user friendliness to the participants.

My forums are still running on vB4, but in my mindset, I've already made the switch. My staff is extremely excited about the upcoming switch, and so am I. The money I invested in vB is gone anyway. No point in crying over sour milk. I'd much rather make some new investments, and from what I see so far, they will put me in a happier state of mind. That's arguably the best possible investment you could ever make :)
Thanks you
Time to start saving :)

Yep, you can be shown one, upon request via contact form we generate an admin demo, link you to it with login details, and a super-admin account to play around with. Obviously we can't offer a downloadable version.

Thank alot Floris means alot to me to see the admincp

We at XFans understand that Kier and Mike simply are too busy at this point with the company's legal stuff, the building and finalizing of their products and services, and that it's still in beta stage (now at rc). We're glad to sit on top of XForo and assist in an unofficial capacity.

We're all here with the same goal: have ourselves an awesome community. Perhaps in due time they get around after it goes Stable to offer an admin demo, perhaps even downloadable.

We at XFans understand that Kier and Mike simply are too busy at this point with the company's legal stuff, the building and finalizing of their products and services, and that it's still in beta stage (now at rc). We're glad to sit on top of XForo and assist in an unofficial capacity.

We're all here with the same goal: have ourselves an awesome community. Perhaps in due time they get around after it goes Stable to offer an admin demo, perhaps even downloadable.

Indeed!
Right lol of to check this demo :D Thanks again

Top Bottom