• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

should i delete the install folder?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
No need to, though there's really no harm if you do. Installation is locked and the upgrade is password protected.

No need to, though there's really no harm if you do. Installation is locked and the upgrade is password protected.
I dunno... Being a guest without authentication, going to that link directly at:

http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/install/

results in this:

And that scares me enough that any anonymous user can hit that 'Rebuild Master Data' button or... the 'click here' link...

So my temp solution to this is: chmod 0000 install/

mjp

You must have some kind of cookie/cache issue, because I get the "Upgrade System Login" page when I go to /install when I'm not logged in.

You must have some kind of cookie/cache issue, because I get the "Upgrade System Login" page when I go to /install when I'm not logged in.
So I was... meh! I loaded up Google Chrome (an installed brower that I NEVER use), plugged in the url, and this is what i got:

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Indeed, the option to upgrade/rebuild will only appear if you have sufficient priveleges and are logged in.