Lack of interest Shorter URLs for /threads/, /forums/ by adding a letter after the dot

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Gec

I'd like to change the URL structure. Say 123 is my forum or thread ID. Instead of:

mysite.com/forums/forumname.123 and mysite.com/threads/threadname.123

I want:

mysite.com/forumname.f123 and mysite.com/threadname.t123

I want the system to differentiate between forums and threads with the same ID by the letter after the .dot (i.e. f or t).

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well, I did say "a little bit". I'm far from being an expert, but it's my understanding that the closer the keywords are to the beginning of a URL, the better.

It may have a 0.001% impact, or it may not. Either way, it was secondary. Mostly, it's aesthetics. :)

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify.

Edit: just to clarify, my suggestion was to drop an entire subdirectory altogether, i.e. remove the /f/ and /t/, and move them after the dot and before the numeric ID.

Thank you Jon! I just installed the AddOn and it's exactly, EXACTLY what I was looking for. Have an awesome 2015!

Top Bottom