Add-on Shopping Cart

Ehren

Hello,

I'm just looking for the best suggestion for a shopping cart addon for xenforo. It will be used for selling digital items (xenforo skins), and should have the ability to automatically grant access to files and upgrade accounts once a payment has been made. I've seen microcart, but am looking for alternatives before I commit.

If anyone has suggestions, that would be great! :) Thanks

The design of microcart is turning me off at the moment - doesn't seem as clean or user friendly as it should be. Thanks for the suggestion so far. :)

There isn't anything, currently, that's really any good for XF (I'm pretty sure our needs are the same ;) ). That's why I'm using IP.Nexus - nothing comparable. I did use aMember at one point and it has a bridge for XF. It really is the only other alternative I'd personally recommend outside of Nexus.

I really considered using nexus at one point too since it's perfect. It would just be ironic if I used IPB for a xenforo skinning site..

We started off with the account upgrades which was nice... however it was becoming a pain in regards to the amount of usergroup/conditionals we had to use.

We bit the bullet and ended up going with MicroCart, while the overall design could be improved it's getting the job done.

On top of that Michael does have good support was always quick to post fixes if I had a problem.

I still need to upgrade as I'm two versions behind though.

I really considered using nexus at one point too since it's perfect. It would just be ironic if I used IPB for a xenforo skinning site..

I don't think it would really be that ironic. I've stated before you should just combine all 3 sites you operate. Would cut down on support time as you aren't having to check 3 different sites. Until someone makes something comparable for xF as what Nexus is its an even better idea.

We started off with the account upgrades which was nice... however it was becoming a pain in regards to the amount of usergroup/conditionals we had to use.

We bit the bullet and ended up going with MicroCart, while the overall design could be improved it's getting the job done.

On top of that Michael does have good support was always quick to post fixes if I had a problem.

I still need to upgrade as I'm two versions behind though.
Aside from the design, there were a few UX issues which I wasn't a fan of. I'm sure they can be configured, but I tried adding a product to my cart and was taken to an error page saying I needed to first fill out personal details (something which should be done during checkout in my mind). Just small things like that which added up..

I don't think it would really be that ironic. I've stated before you should just combine all 3 sites you operate. Would cut down on support time as you aren't having to check 3 different sites. Until someone makes something comparable for xF as what Nexus is its an even better idea.
That would have been the smart thing to do if I had started fresh, but it's difficult to combine 3 skinning sites since I wouldn't want the users to create new accounts. The domain name issue also becomes a problem since 2 of the names are specific to the forum software (which only leaves me with skinbox). I'm also required to pay commission on skinbox sales which would become difficult to manage if I was receiving sales from all 3 sites in one system. Once again, lots of small issues would make the transition a lot more difficult than it seems.

I'm considering just migrating my forums/store to IPB + Nexus to make it as friendly as possible for new customers.

I had the same concerns. I planned to offer skins for IPB as well as XF at one point, then opted for just XF after I was already set up with Nexus and I really haven't had anyone question it or complain. Bottom line for me is nothing compares to Nexus...especially when combined with MaxMind for the fraud control (and I've used just about every solution out there over the years).

Top Bottom