Shopping Cart Apps

So in essence Kier and Mike should start getting busy with their code editors and write an entire e-commerce solution, end of October would be fine lads :D In the shocking circumstance where they have other priorities, like getting Xenforo to 1.0, it might be a tad of a wait I would think. Can mention another product has been banging away for quite a number of years to get something happening and the first release isn't quite what people expected.

I was talking about a XenForo add-on released by Kier, not a full shopping cart solution.

This would be pretty awesome :) I have been waiting 6 years for a shopping cart that integrates with my forums.. so the customer has a single log in... Nexus was to be the great hope, but it lacks a few essentials currently >_<

I was talking about a XenForo add-on released by Kier, not a full shopping cart solution.

Sorry mate no offense intended, am slightly amused this morning by all the demands being thrown onto the forums. An integrated shopping cart would be exactly what we need as well.

Sorry mate no offense intended, am slightly amused this morning by all the demands being thrown onto the forums. An integrated shopping cart would be exactly what we need as well.
Originally I meant for Kier to release the one they made for XenForo, and he said that I hadn't seen it yet, and I said it is probably the best/only solution ever, and from there people started bringing up other shopping carts.

So just to reiterate; I meant for XenForo :p.

Multiple licensing options per product with certain timeframes, versioning system, input URL installed, can download only up to the version you are entitled, etc., etc.

The best carts available out there (including those at four figure price) can't provide those and that.
I can only find few: iCart from VBcover(encrypted), vBadvanced cart(not publicly available), VB old cart

So maybe XenForo could provide us one :D

I'm actually against having a cart plugin based on the forum core code base.

I have used many during my 7 years running vbstyles.com from Brian vBadvanced custom cart to vBcover iCart to a custom coded using vBulletin payment system.

They are all good and offer great integration with the forum but the biggest drawback is that they are 100% part of the forum and depend on it to work

Let's say 3 years down the track you no longer need the forum or decided the another platform is better for you....
what do you do them? Keep the forum just to run the cart.
Hoping that a new cart will come along with the new platform.

Often these plugin cart do not allow you to export your data and creating an importer from the raw db tables can be a pain, especially if you have 1000s of customers and products.

If you have the money, there are several stand alone carts that will allow you to be integrated with almost anything and with a little extra $ you can have them modified to integrate with XenForo DB.

But I'm sure I will check it out if it's made available ;)

Like Miko said stand alone is definately better.But Nexus for IPB is definately something i am looking at. I hope one day XenForo releases their own integrated cart.

A request to move this thread to 'Suggestions' as I can't seem to find (apart from http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-itrader-in-the-core.3992/) any Shopping Cart suggestion thread there. Or to merge it with that one and change the title from 'iTrader' (what is it?
wink.png
) to 'Shopping Cart' or something you guys prefer.

I need a shopping cart add on before I can move over, I had my last one custom coded for VB4, it's only a basic shop but does what i need, most of what I can find available is designed around virtual goods and points, where as I need to deal with physical goods, shipping, discounts, paypal and cheque payments.

We use Magento Enterprise edition and extremely happy with it. It costs but delivers what we fully expect.

What would be the best shopping cart to run for a site trying to sell skins? I have done research but can't find any good ones, I am thinking about just using IP.Downloads and IP.Nexus with my IP.Board license.

Top Bottom