Sharing Facebook Accounts With Your Spouse

DRE

A member told me that her boyfriend has logged into her FB account and she's wondering why he's doing that. She said he's been telling guys "hi I'm so and so's boyfriend, I logged on accident" to almost every guy that messages her. He's doing it on purpose and she wants to know why he's doing it. I told her he's just marking his territory but to be on the safe side and for privacy, you shouldn't allow anyone to share your FB account.

Do any of you share your FB account with your spouses and if so, why?

My brother and cousin used to do that. Both always had drama surrounded around these kinds of "share your password for Facebook" and it's mostly because women feel "jealous" that they might be cheating on them.

It's stupid. If you're jealous of another woman trying to be close to your man, then might as well just break up. Mostly because there's no trust. If you trust your man or woman enough, you don't need no stinkin' password for facebook.

I'll never share passwords to my facebook account even if it means breaking up. If you don't frickin' trust me, then GTFO.

My wife can check my phone (BBM, text, email or any other im account), my facebook, G+, can listen in to my conversations using the empty soup cans and read the messages from the carrier pigeons before I do. I have nothing to hide from her. She can even read the messages to and from ex girlfriends.

James

BTW it sounds like he has a low self esteem and is threatened by the guys that are messaging her. In the end it might cause him to lose her.

James

BTW it sounds like he has a low self esteem and is threatened by the guys that are messaging her. In the end it might cause him to lose her.
And who is "he" you referring to? If you're referring to me, get this: I'm not insecure. Got it? Good.

They say stating you are not insecure, means you are insecure.
I misinterpret how to say it. But most of the time, if you're secure in yourself, then you have nothing to worry about with regard to your relationship. Being insecure means like you are jealous to the point of "controlling" a part of a relationship. In fact, if you're insecure in yourself, you don't have an ounce of pride in yourself.

That's the way I look at it.

My friend shared this image on FB the other day, and I know a few people who do this
11508_1446719205553298_387795715_n.webp

Nope. We've never felt a need to share passwords to personal accounts (minus checking accounts and debit card pins, as that serves a practical purpose). If you're doing it as a matter of trust, then you probably already have trust issues to begin with.

Nope. We've never felt a need to share passwords to personal accounts (minus checking accounts and debit card pins, as that serves a practical purpose). If you're doing it as a matter of trust, then you probably already have trust issues to begin with.
Very big assumption. I ride a motorcycle (also known as a donor cycle - so you can see where this is going). If I ever get crunched on the bike it'd be nice for her to be able to do a shout out to my friends on FaceBook to let them know. Same way with my email, etc.
The point was that you should have enough trust in the other that you don't worry/think about it. If you are worrying/thinking about it - then there is not full trust there.

Top Bottom