Share This block > using local widget

Ryan Kent

I often see that my webpage is loaded 90% of the way but notice the facebook or twitter URL in the lower left corner of my browser indicating data is still being loaded. I also notice that often my Share This block will be missing either the Twitter or Facebook widget. Refreshing the page often resolves the issue but not always.

Is there a way I can just locally host that widget? I know they want to show the current number of Likes or Tweets for the page, but I am completely fine with that information being pulled from cache, or being 1 or 2 days old. I would much prefer speed.

I often see that my webpage is loaded 90% of the way but notice the facebook or twitter URL in the lower left corner of my browser indicating data is still being loaded. I also notice that often my Share This block will be missing either the Twitter or Facebook widget. Refreshing the page often resolves the issue but not always.

Is there a way I can just locally host that widget? I know they want to show the current number of Likes or Tweets for the page, but I am completely fine with that information being pulled from cache, or being 1 or 2 days old. I would much prefer speed.
They use the Twitter/Facebook API's, so you can't locally host them.

Top Bottom