Sex Offender Signs Publicly Identify Convicted Predators In Florida

Sex offenders never do their time. Here in the UK you are lucky if a sex offender is even convicted even if there is compelling evidence. On the chance they are convicted they are usually short sentences of a couple of months in a luxury cell with snooker tables, widescreen tvs at their disposal.

The tennis guy I mentioned....now, remember, he didn't touch a person (just a forbidden CD).....

Lost his job(s)- this goes without saying since he was a teacher in sunday school and regular schools.
Lost his wife and custody of his kids...courts don't smile on this stuff....
Was in jail for over a full year and on probation for a lot longer...

Basically he had to remake his entire life. I'm not saying that is not warranted, just that he did have to pay a large debt to society and it infamous locally....for doing what (unfortunately) I'm sure hundreds of people within 10 miles of here do.

As dear old dad used to tell me "this spanking is for the times I didn't catch ya"....meaning those who don't get caught are still guilty!

Yup. A couple decades ago I would've gotten hanged by a bunch of white folks for winking at Shelley or even Morgain.

Institutional slavery was only ended about 49 years ago during the Civil Right's Movement.

Is it hanged or hung?
;)

Yeah, sad stuff. And, as you know, that's not over. Heck, the campaign manager for Rand Pauls Senate run was fired after he posted pictures of such deeds and laughed about it.
:cool:

I say we have to wait about another 30-40 years and things will finally be somewhat straight.

Is it hanged or hung?
;)

Yeah, sad stuff. And, as you know, that's not over. Heck, the campaign manager for Rand Pauls Senate run was fired after he posted pictures of such deeds and laughed about it.
:cool:

I say we have to wait about another 30-40 years and things will finally be somewhat straight.
My bad! Hung like William.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The ironic thing about that pic is that I've known of cops who not only preyed on teens (who they caught with pot, for instance), but others who have lived by the gun in a way that isn't exactly law and order. The cops in my parents town in Florida were just found out running a scam nationwide for hundreds of millions of dollars, shaking down drug dealers WAY out of their jurisdiction and keeping all the money and dope. Keep in mind this is a tiny town police force.

Do you think we need to post warnings in front of the police station and on the cars "Warning, these police break the law in multiple ways and should not be trusted"?

Never happen...right?

I'm against this idea.

I believe it will wrongfully bring upon a mob mentality, encourage violence, and maybe even further harm the possible innocent.

I have a friend who by all technicality is labeled as an offender. He was dating a girl who was about the same age a one another, only a few short weeks a part. They had been dating one another since they were 14 years old and continued that relationship. He turned 18 only short 3 weeks before she did. By this time they had being going out for 4 years.

Her father didn't approve and so called up the police.

Today they're in their late 30's (38 if I member), have 3 children, and have been married for almost 20 years. But technically, he's registered for statutory rape. Of course neither him or her or any of their friends see it that way.

How do you superpose a sign like this would make others see it as? :confused:

Now, I don't think this is a good idea at all.... The way I see things moving along... I wouldn't be surprised if our justice system started treated such things as they do murder. Death sentences would be not to far behind. o_O :(

I understand that there are some ugly monsters out there. But I also understand there are innocent people as well.

The only thing that sign will do is:

1) Increase the chance someone knocks on his door and gives him a thump
2) Make the neighbours lives a living hell, as they will never ever sell their house.

Think about it, if you went to visit a friends house and saw that outside the next door neighbours, you wont be going back - ever.

Stupid idea IMO, solely because it puts every unfortunate neighbour in an impossible position. Surely there's a better way of dealing with them. Something like forcing them to pay a tax to their victims for life, forcing regular police checkups, etc.

I have a friend who by all technicality is labeled as an offender. He was dating a girl who was about the same age a one another, only a few short weeks a part. They had been dating one another since they were 14 years old and continued that relationship. He turned 18 only short 3 weeks before she did. By this time they had being going out for 4 years.

Her father didn't approve and so called up the police.

Today they're in their late 30's (38 if I member), have 3 children, and have been married for almost 20 years. But technically, he's registered for statutory rape. Of course neither him or her or any of their friends see it that way.

How long did he serve in prison for statutory rape? They must have been married right after charges were filed against him. I'm curious as to what state that was in, as most states consider 17 legal consent with an 18 year old.

Or was this in the UK?

:rolleyes:

The tennis guy I mentioned....now, remember, he didn't touch a person (just a forbidden CD).....

Lost his job(s)- this goes without saying since he was a teacher in sunday school and regular schools.
Lost his wife and custody of his kids...courts don't smile on this stuff....
Was in jail for over a full year and on probation for a lot longer...

Basically he had to remake his entire life. I'm not saying that is not warranted, just that he did have to pay a large debt to society and it infamous locally....for doing what (unfortunately) I'm sure hundreds of people within 10 miles of here do.

As dear old dad used to tell me "this spanking is for the times I didn't catch ya"....meaning those who don't get caught are still guilty!

- What is a "forbidden CD" if you could elaborate on that?
- Did you have access to the transcripts (interview) by police where he was questioned/interviewed?
- Was it a public hearing/sentence and did you attend?

I'm assuming the CD your referring to is what I think it is and I pose to ask

- Why would a teacher have such material ?
- Why would a Father and husband have such material (call me old fashioned)?

This story sounds suspect, a year in jail on probation longer I'd be posing some investigation myself to be totally honest but the material he had must have been bad and for his wife to leave him this really cements that the material obtained was bad or it may be a case your system is tough on this kind of thing.

How long did he serve in prison for statutory rape? They must have been married right after charges were filed against him. I'm curious as to what state that was in, as most states consider 17 legal consent with an 18 year old.

Or was this in the UK?

Have to ask, whats the rolleyes for? If the story is as he said it (i.e couple that were only a few weeks apart in age, one being 18 the other being 17) then no - jail should not have been needed. In fact if anything the police should have simply refused to deal with it after the girl confirmed that it was not rape, and that they were indeed a couple.

In this situation, the law does not work, regardless of whats written down on paper.

If the story is as he said it

That.

Statutory rape is a pretty serious crime in my state. Hard to believe somebody could be convicted of that between a 17 and 18 year old without serving any jail time. Sometimes you have to ask a lot of questions to get the facts to base an opinion on.

I asked about the UK because I don't know how the law works over there. Maybe somebody can be convicted of statutory rape without serving any jail time.

Or was this in the UK?

I believe this happened in the late 80's (early 90's). Different times.

I'd have to inquire how much time or probate he got.

never touched anyone at anytime, but apparently had a CD of the wrong type in his possession and dropped it (and was found out).....

Just because it was on a CD vs physical touching, doesn't make it OK. Those on the CD were still exploited. Having that sort of thing, how do you know he never "touched" and was just never caught or the contents of the CD could grow the monster inside of him to go beyond just CD's in the future.

- What is a "forbidden CD" if you could elaborate on that?
- Did you have access to the transcripts (interview) by police where he was questioned/interviewed?
- Was it a public hearing/sentence and did you attend?

I'm assuming the CD your referring to is what I think it is and I pose to ask

- Why would a teacher have such material ?
- Why would a Father and husband have such material (call me old fashioned)?

This story sounds suspect, a year in jail on probation longer I'd be posing some investigation myself to be totally honest but the material he had must have been bad and for his wife to leave him this really cements that the material obtained was bad or it may be a case your system is tough on this kind of thing.

I'm not denying his guilt nor decrying his punishment - rather I am saying that they don't let these people off easily.

He as a "good christian" who claimed he started smoking pot and drinking a bit too much and got waylaid by desires...who knows?

The only two points I am making here are that
1. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people within a few miles of where I am sitting are certainly doing the same thing and never getting caught.
2. Punishment is fairly strict.

I know a woman who shot her BF in the stomach and killed him. Same thing....that is, drugs were the cause of the fight. She spent 18 months in jail.

BUT, she's out and a full fledged member of civil society. She does not have to walk around with a "I killed by BF" sign on her or her house....

And, yeah, the transgression in both cases I mentioned was underage pics.

I'm glad I am not King Solomon. Or was it King David? One of them had something like 300+ concubines and I'd bet many were underage!
;)

In any case, I come down for having public databases and informing the population - maybe by mail - to look at the db's. The sign, IMHO, is over the top. If you are going to go that far, you might as well just put the folks on a prison island.

Have to ask, whats the rolleyes for? If the story is as he said it (i.e couple that were only a few weeks apart in age, one being 18 the other being 17) then no - jail should not have been needed. In fact if anything the police should have simply refused to deal with it after the girl confirmed that it was not rape, and that they were indeed a couple.

In this situation, the law does not work, regardless of whats written down on paper.
This is a good topic of debate....

Should our legal system be obsolete or should there be some leeway ?

Group identity labels are everywhere. Some are by choice, some are not. It's a problem when it's not by choice. It's OK to label yourself but it's best not to label others because then you are projecting yourself onto them.

This makes me think of how black people can call themselves the n-word but white people can't. That's a good example of self versus external identity. External tends to be bad because it is imposed.

Group identity labels are everywhere. Some are by choice, some are not. It's a problem when it's not by choice. It's OK to label yourself but it's best not to label others because then you are projecting yourself onto them.

This makes me think of how black people can call themselves the n-word but white people can't. That's a good example of self versus external identity. External tends to be bad because it is imposed.
Well said (y)

Top Bottom