Sex Offender Signs Publicly Identify Convicted Predators In Florida

Did you see the first line?

In your eyes and the convicted felon's eyes that might be public humiliation.

I see it simply as a warning sign. Nothing more. Obviously, the Sheriff and the other residents in that community see it as a warning sign. So, the Sheriff is doing what he feels is best following his state's statute.

If you read before you would know what my reply was about...

no stewart that is opinion not fact, it has already been determined that public humiliation is outlawed....

if you read before you would know what the wiki quote was about...

Isn't the SO registered list public in your country? (genuine question) to anyone really that knows referring to the USA

Did you see the first line?

In your eyes and the convicted felon's eyes that might be public humiliation.

I see it simply as a warning sign. Nothing more. Obviously, the Sheriff and the other residents in that community see it as a warning sign. So, the Sheriff is doing what he feels is best following his state's statute.

If you read before you would know what my reply was about...
Our justice system and way of government should not be determined on how an individual with a title of authority feels.

If it was meant to do so, we would still be under British Rule or King George Washington would have lead the country.

Our justice system and way of government should not be determined on how an individual with a title of authority feels.

If it was meant to do so, we would still be under British Rule or King George Washington would have lead the country.

Adam, he isn't doing what he feels. He is following the law. It is not public humiliation. He is installing warning signs as he is ALLOWED to do.

I don''t live in the USA to be familiar with the Constitution there. Anyway, at subject at hand, personally I do not see anything wrong nor do I have a problem if police stops someone and ask to see their papers. I am sure that they have their reasons for doing so and do not do that for the fun of it.

In the older days.. yes.
With the newer breed of "officer", don't bet on it. Even as a long time LEO, I am shocked and disappointed at some of the stuff I see them pull now.

Yes. Not sure why that isn't considered "public humiliation". :rolleyes:

--Edit

There is actually a paper that circulates where I live that lists them all, with their photographs and address as well.

Thanks Stewart.

I wish we had something like that here in the UK that exposes them but my point was why isn't this considered public humiliation? How long if you don't mind me asking has the SO in America been public?

Thanks Stewart.

I wish we had something like that here in the UK that exposes them but my point was why isn't this considered public humiliation? How long if you don't mind me asking has the SO in America been public?

Not exactly sure the dates... I know it has been available for quite a while.

The paper in my area has been circulating for 2+ years.

---
As well as our normal paper running half page ads any time a new SO moves into the area.

Let's suppose this...you have a brother living here in the US, he meets my sister and they have sex. She get's pregnant and looks like a ho-bag because she got pregnant by someone she just met. Instead of facing that decision she says he raped her. Your brother goes to jail for 10 years, when he get's out he has a sign on his lawn reminding him of the lie forced upon him.

Time for a little levity now.
Just tape all your sexual encounters. :p

Sex offender registries have been around in each state in the US for at least 10 years. They have names, photos, addresses, and their crime listed in them.

They are simply searchable databases of the public record, accessible with no charge.

Sex offender registries have been around in each state in the US for at least 10 years. They have names, photos, addresses, and their crime listed in them.

They are simply searchable databases of the public record, accessible with no charge.

That is public humiliation. They need to be removed.

Yes. Not sure why that isn't considered "public humiliation". :rolleyes:

--Edit

There is actually a paper that circulates where I live that lists them all, with their photographs and address as well.

Here they list their addresses, place of work, name, age, date of birth, height, weight and convictions with a current photograph on public access television.

You are claiming these laws are illegal Adam. That is your opinion. Do you have the background to back up your allegations? Or is it as I simply stated, your opinion?

You are claiming these laws are illegal Adam. That is your opinion. Do you have the background to back up your allegations? Or is it as I simply stated, your opinion?
Sure, I'll let you know what I studied (have clue)....

Here = http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/_files_/Constitution_of_the_United_States.jpg

And here = http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/_files_/Bill_of_Rights.jpg

And for extra credit = http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/_files_/Us_declaration_independence.jpg

Let me know when you're education is complete :)

Top Bottom