Setting up XF Advertisements

Alfuzzy

I'm trying to setup some advertisements in the recently migrated XF install (vB4 to XF2.1).

I see there are 24 pre-defined ad locations...unfortunately there are some ad positions that I would like to do that aren't pre-defined with an XF 2.1 install.

1. For example...sometimes I like to have an advertisment in just the first thread post or just the last thread post. XF has two pre-defined positions for this:

The difficulty when I choose one of these positions is...the advertisement is placed in every post in the thread (not just the first or just the last post).

2. I also like to have some advertisments in the right sidebar....XF has two pre-defined positions for this:

• Container Sidebar Above
  • Container Sidebar Below

These positions allow for an advertisment at the very top or very bottom of the right sidebar...but not in any position within the sidebar.

Is there a way to do what I would like to do with a stock XF 2.1 install (ads in threads & ads in the right sidebar)? Maybe I'm not fully understanding how to place ads in XF.

Thanks

p.s. I have done some searches for "Ad Manager" add-on's...but the add-on's that seem to show up cost $30-$50. And I'm not 100% sure these Ad managers will do what I want. Plus the cost for add-ons for things I want to do for my forum are really starting to add up...thus adding another $30-$50 add-on (plus annual renewals)...is really starting to add up!

p.s. I have done some searches for "Ad Manager" add-on's...but the add-on's that seem to show up cost $30-$50. And I'm not 100% sure these Ad managers will do what I want. Plus the cost for add-ons for things I want to do for my forum are really starting to add up...thus adding another $30-$50 add-on (plus annual renewals)...is really starting to add up!
Double check with the developers first.

I use the Siropu Ad manager and you can definitely have first and last thread content. (Plus many many others). If you don't need to be selling ad slots to advertisers automatically, then the Lite version should do you - but as mentioned check first.

Out of the box you can put an ad in an html widget to position exactly where you want in sidebar.

NB: AndyB's ad manager is part of a suite, so for the $35 you get 300 addons.

Last edited:
You need to use conditional statements to fine tune how the ads are displayed.
A search of the forum should yield many results for the same thing you are trying to achieve.

If there isn't a suitable ad position then you can edit the template and insert the code directly.

A search of the forum should yield many results for the same thing you are trying to achieve.

If there isn't a suitable ad position then you can edit the template and insert the code directly.
Ok...thanks much. Will do some seraching.:)

The paid version of Siropu Ads Manager 2 handles invoicing, billing, expiring ads, etc. It's a fantastic utility, worth every penny. It amazingly flexible. We use it for banners on the top and bottom, as well as after every 5th post. Vendors sign up and pay themselves, can monitor their stats or change their ad at any time. It supports coupon codes, as well as ranged discounts. (example: you can specify 10% off 6 months, 20% off for 12 month contract, etc) It even emails to let them know when their ad is close to expiring, or has expired. We use it heavily on one of my forums, and probably only use 10% of what it is capable of.

We also use it for our own internal banners in other places, such as special holiday banners and forum promos.

This add-on, as well as AndyB's XF2 suite of add-ons, are both must haves.

Top Bottom