XF 1.5 Setting up a promotion

The Sandman

I already have a promotion scheme set up where Registered members gain an additional user group (with additional permissions) when they reach a post count of 10. This works fine, and I want to keep this promotion and group as is. But now I also need another user group with a post count of at least 10 *and* a minimum of 30 days since registration. What's the best practice - a new promotion for members of the Registered group (i.e. all members) for 10 posts/30 days registered or a promotion on the Registered (10 Posts) group for 30 days registered? Or doesn't it matter?

Bear in mind that if you change the criteria for an existing promotion, any members who no longer meet it, will be demoted.

If the permissions are the same though, definitely combine both criteria with a single promotion and user group.

Bear in mind that if you change the criteria for an existing promotion, any members who no longer meet it, will be demoted.

If the permissions are the same though, definitely combine both criteria with a single promotion and user group.
That's not what I meant Brogan. I already have a Registered group, a Registered (10 posts) group, and a Registered > Registered (10 posts) promotion with the criteria for promotions set to 10 posts. I want a new group in addition - call it Registered (10/30) and a new promotion for it. I'm not planning on altering any existing promotion scheme.

Should I create a new promotion Registered > Registered (10/30) with the criteria for promotion set for 10 posts and 30 days registered?

Or would it be better to create the promotion Registered (10 posts) > Registered (10/30) with the criteria for promotion set for 30 days registered (since all members of this group already have 10 posts)?

Just remember that if for some reason they reach the requirements for the 10/30 promotion when they've not been promoted with the 10 promotion (they were registered for a month before making any posts?), then there may be a longer delay, depending on which promotion is run first.

Liam

Just remember that if for some reason they reach the requirements for the 10/30 promotion when they've not been promoted with the 10 promotion (they were registered for a month before making any posts?), then there may be a longer delay, depending on which promotion is run first.
Interesting point Liam! So you'd say the best option is to set up the Registered > Registered (10/30) promotion then? Or are there other factors as well?

Top Bottom