Setting Mod permissions

Jo.

I'm just wondering, cos I can't seem to figure it out... administrators have the ability to move individual posts within a thread. Our 'test member', the account we're trying to check mod settings with, can't do that - it's set to be a supermod.

I can't for the life of me see where or how to allow a usergroup to have the ability to move individual posts... like the administrators can. I can't see where the admin usergroup is given that permission either, even though it's obviously there somewhere.

Can anyone help? I'm probably being dense or blind... but I'm stumped. lol

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group]

There are group moderator permissions listed here. For example, you will see a Forum Moderator Permissions section.

These mod permissions can also be assigned per user:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group]

There are group moderator permissions listed here. For example, you will see a Forum Moderator Permissions section.

These mod permissions can also be assigned per user:

Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators

Thanks Jake :) I've been looking at these pages in the admin cp but I still can't see an option that refers to individual posts within a thread. I would think it would be something similar to the "Manage thread by anyone" option, but there isn't a "Manage post by anyone" option as far as I can see - that's what I'm having trouble with, rather than giving mod permissions in general.

We've managed to set accounts as 'super moderators' but I don't see any options anywhere in the admin cp that even relates to the permissions for supermods, so that's confusing me as well - how mods and supermods are differentiated and how we can set what they can/cannot do.

We want to set it so that our mods can click on individual posts within a thread (where the dropdown menu appears with mod functions) like they can do on the threads as a whole... any idea where you set that??

To move an individual post you first have to "move" it to a new thread and then merge that new thread with another thread.

yeah but the mods can't do that if they don't have the check box that allows them to select the individual post in order to do ^^

I just tested all of the mod permissions. It seems the ability to manage individual posts (ie to have the check boxes in posts) is controlled by:

View deleted threads / posts

:confused:

I might call this a bug because it doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Jo.
yeah but the mods can't do that if they don't have the check box that allows them to select the individual post in order to do ^^
You mustn't have set the permissions properly.

I just created a test user as a normal registered user.
Added them as a moderator and selected the forum.
Checked all the relevant permissions and the checkbox is available.

I just tested all of the mod permissions. It seems the ability to manage individual posts (ie to have the check boxes in posts) is controlled by:

Good spot Jake.
I've only ever checked all before so never bothered to see which permission did what.

Definitely seems like a bug.

Okay I just tried this and that seemed to work. Also if you set it to 'deny', the check box disappears on the threads as well as the individual posts. Thanks!

And yeah it makes no sense... I'd say that's a bug too...

Top Bottom