Setting a local password when signing up via Facebook, Twitter, Steam etc

gmaister22

As the Facebook documentation states, there is a way that you can let people create a local password
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/registration/

2XkL9.png

How can that be achieved?

Thanks in advance!

XF doesn't use the plugin so I'm not sure what you're asking.

It's not using the plugin? Then how can people register via Facebook on my forum if we dont use the plugin...?

What i am asking is that, when people register on my forum via Facebook, they are prompted to fill the custom fields, the username and stuff, but not a password, a local password for xenforo, so if in any case i will disable Facebook connect, they will still be able to login with the password they chose when they signed up via Facebook connect...

We use a different system. If you want to prompt for a local password, you'd need to modify the code to do this.

Users can always generate a local password with the lost password system (and this will be presented as an option in a few other locations, where needed).

We use a different system. If you want to prompt for a local password, you'd need to modify the code to do this.

Users can always generate a local password with the lost password system (and this will be presented as an option in a few other locations, where needed).

Any clue how to modify the code? what template bit i have to modify?

It's always nicer to have it more straight forward, confusing-free stuff are always better!

You can very easily add a password field to a template, but it won't do anything when you submit the form. PHP needs to take the input, convert the input into a password hash and then store it in the database. So you should post an add-on request to see if someone will be happy to work on that for you.

You can very easily add a password field to a template, but it won't do anything when you submit the form. PHP needs to take the input, convert the input into a password hash and then store it in the database. So you should post an add-on request to see if someone will be happy to work on that for you.

Ahh thanks for clearing it out Chris :)

Top Bottom