1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Set background colour, and conditionally change the background image

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Valvar, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Valvar

Valvar Member

I am using the style Scroll by XenCrea. It gives me the option to set a background image, which is very nice. However, my issue is that some people have very high resolution monitors. As it currently is, for those people when the background image is a lower resolution than their monitor, the rest of the background is white - and that doesn't look very good.
    I would like to change the background colour which is not filled by the background image to black (because my background images are quite dark), but I would also be very interested in knowing if there is some way to detect the resolution of the member and then conditionally change the background to a higher resolution image if he has a higher resolution monitor than that of the default background image (which has a small filesize and in my opinion looks better) so that they don't have to see any non-image background.
    I'm not very experienced with template editing, so please bear with me if I am asking stupid questions :oops:... Any assistance is much appreciated, though!