XF 1.4 Session ends if internet connection changes

RichardKYA

I am having a major problem which is, my sessions seem to end if my internet connection changes.

I can recreate the problem time after time by simply changing my wifi connection.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Hello Brogan,

No I don't, will checking this option prevent this from happening?

If this is the problem, how can I force all users to "stay logged in"? As checking this option may only prevent the problem for myself.

Thank you

It should prevent it, yes.

You can't force it on other members, they need to choose the option themselves the next time they log in.

If your IP changes, your existing session won't be used. This is a security feature. Selecting the option to stay logged in adds a cookie which automatically recreates the session as needed.

It is a security feature, however I used to be on a mobile network that would change your IP when your were still connected.

It was really rather annoying...

Liam

You can't force it on other members, they need to choose the option themselves the next time they log in.

Yeah, sorry, forcing them is not what I want to do, it was a rhetorical question ;)

If your IP changes, your existing session won't be used. This is a security feature. Selecting the option to stay logged in adds a cookie which automatically recreates the session as needed.

My problem is, my site is aimed at people that are active and constantly on the move, so staying logged in when on a mobile is not recommended for security reasons, but then it is frustrating when you are on a mobile that is constantly searching for a new connection and changing IP's all the time, so it's a catch 22 situation

Is there a way to make sessions user based instead of IP based?

It is a security feature, however I used to be on a mobile network that would change your IP when your were still connected.
This is exactly my problem.

This is not a problem, this is an advantage.
Each time I change my IP I have to login in again.
is a great security feature.

It's frustrating when on a mobile device.

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate them all :)

Top Bottom