Serving 'cached for guests pages' from CDN. Possible?

So I moved to Business plan. Set the bypass on cookie rule. Pages that are serving from cloudflare do it faster indeed. However it happens only if the page was visited withing last 30 mnts. Right?
So... do I need some kind of a spider that requests pages every 30 mnts to keep them in cloudflare's cache? )

So I moved to Business plan. Set the bypass on cookie rule. Pages that are serving from cloudflare do it faster indeed. However it happens only if the page was visited withing last 30 mnts. Right?
So... do I need some kind of a spider that requests pages every 30 mnts to keep them in cloudflare's cache? )

I like your thinking... but that approach won't work because there are over 100 data centers. You'd need to hit them all for every page in order to keep the cache fresh.

arn

• Set cloudflare cache time on threads to 30 days
  • Purge threads selectively as they get replied to

Thanks! Well, now I understand what you mean by lack of an addon that purge updated threads via cloudflares api.

That’s what the litespeed plugin is for

xf_lscxf_logged_in is the cookie it sets
Hello @arn,
Is there any way to setup Bypass Cache on Cookie if I'm not using Litespeed? Does Xenforo by default offer a cookie to logged-in members? And if no cookie is served to logged in members, how can we make this work?

That's how I want to set up a rule for Cloudflare, however, I cannot find what cookie are members served or what to add in the "Bypass Cache on Cookie" field?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! @Mike, @Chris D

I believe the plugin works without even using litespeed. Just sets that special login cookie is all it does.

arn

I believe the plugin works without even using litespeed. Just sets that special login cookie is all it does.

arn
Thanks @arn. I'll try it even though I was trying to avoid installing more add-ons. Thank you, really helpful.

Reactions: arn
What is different exactly with Built in Guest Full Page Caching feature of xenforo vs Full Page CDN cache ? If redis fast, then no need cdn based cache i thought, am i right?

Cloudflare CDN caching: HTML cached at edge servers around the world.
Xenforo Guest Page Caching: HTML cached in Redis. The user still has to hit your server, run PHP, grab the page from Redis and Serve it to the end user.

The difference is small of course, but for people far away from your server, it might make a difference.

Top Bottom