Server Load VB > XF & Joomla - Proof Is Everything

Too bad the results are not exactly what I would call benchmark quality. However, I would add that these are the best completely subjective results XenForo could hope for.

I have no doubt that xF will perform better on any given machine.
But to be fair ... comparing a heavily hacked vB running thousand addon with a plain vanilla xF will absolutely give those graphs :)

I have no doubt that xF will perform better on any given machine.
But to be fair ... comparing a heavily hacked vB running thousand addon with a plain vanilla xF will absolutely give those graphs :)
At some point I hope to compare a basic vb3.8 vs xf install.

Nope... that was a quite standard VB4 suite install actually. I have VBSEO, but it wasn't installed as I outlined on VB long ago... uninstalled it, gave it another shot down the track... uninstalled it again as it killed the server load. The site had but a handful of minor cosmetic additions to it.

Wow. Joomla is no lightweight CMS either.
This is a very interesting test.
I think the "perfect test" would be a XF + Joomla site with login integration and user synching. This could be accomplished with jfusion.

I didn't think Joomla was 200-query heavy. That's more queries than my weight in pounds.

Anthony, would you mind if I copied your first post to my site to show my users? And I looked into WiredTree (which you'd mentioned)...holy shamoley! I'm paying WAY too much! I'm going to be able to cut my monthly fees in HALF!

While I really have no doubt that xF plays much more nice with hardware and whatnot, how modded were your vB forums prior?

I'm sure your results would still be really good, but I can't help but wonder how much the mods would make a difference. I know on my vB I use a lot of mods, some of them are pretty heavy.

While I really have no doubt that xF plays much more nice with hardware and whatnot, how modded were your vB forums prior?

I'm sure your results would still be really good, but I can't help but wonder how much the mods would make a difference. I know on my vB I use a lot of mods, some of them are pretty heavy.

All i can say is I know if I visit the vB support forums. It takes about 20 secs to load. With vB3 it took 10 or less. So almost double the load time.

how close to default was the vB install?
Nope... that was a quite standard VB4 suite install actually. I have VBSEO, but it wasn't installed as I outlined on VB long ago... uninstalled it, gave it another shot down the track... uninstalled it again as it killed the server load. The site had but a handful of minor cosmetic additions to it.
I other words pretty much identical.

Top Bottom