XF 1.5 Server Errors query

kadona

When logging in to Control Panel my attention was drawn to the following:

Server errors have been logged. You should review these.

There is a long list there but I have no idea what I am supposed to do. Should I delete them. If so it looks as if it can only be done one at a time.
And there are a lot!

The action generally depends on the error. It's possible some are add-on related. In those cases, you may need to contact the author for help.

Including some of the error messages here would be helpful.

He means you would need to post the titles and stack traces of the errors in order for anyone to be able to provide any help or guidance.

I have no idea how to do this. :( Can someone do it for me please? I pay for the updates to be installed. Can I do the same here?
Go into the ACP and find the long list of these errors that you referred to. Click on one to open it. Then copy the error (the top part) and the bottom part (stack trace) and paste it into a post here (if you use the Code button in the editor here it'll make it easier to read).

Here's an example in the first post:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bounced-email-error.105512/

I copied the whole first one. There are twenty on each of five pages.

Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: Too many connections - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Generated By: Unknown Account, Monday at 1:21 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/corma817/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect()
#1 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(730): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection()
#2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application->loadDb(Object(Zend_Config))
#3 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(973): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1004): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad('db', NULL)
#5 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1629): XenForo_Application::get('db')
#6 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(161): XenForo_Application::getDb()
#7 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(138): XenForo_Model->_getDb()
#8 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(97): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getMultiFromDb(Array)
#9 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(147): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti(Array)
#10 /home/corma817/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#11 /home/corma817/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "http://cor-mariae.com/index.php?find-new/115777/posts"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["find-new/115777/posts"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Thank you Martok. I will do as you say and post them here...but what is a code button?
The code button in the editor is this one:

upload_2016-12-7_11-30-52.webp

As for the error, this is usually a server limitation which is imposed by some hosts offering shared hosting.

You would have to contact your host and ask them to increase the limit of max connections.

It isn't related to emails, it's related to too many connections being made to the database (there is a limit and it has been exceeded, hence the errors). You should contact your host and ask them to increase the limit of max connections. If you don't do anything about it, these errors will likely continue.

I contacted the host and this is their reply:

I'm afraid it's not possible to alter global server settings on our shared plans but I went ahead and cleared your current MySQL connections so please have them give it a try again.

Can XenForo 'try again'?

It just means that you host cleared the current MySQL database connections at that time. Your site will still be functioning.

If these errors reoccur then you could try disabling any add-ons in case there's a chance that any are causing the problem. If the errors continue beyond that then your only option is to look for a better hosting company.

Out of interest, who are you using?

If max connections is exceeded then I believe users would see performance issues such as the site running slow. There's also the possibility of them seeing errors about not being able to connect to the database.

If you are still seeing these errors, then you need to try to establish the cause. The official add-ons should be fine (I think we can expect these to be well written!) but it's worth disabling the other(s) to see if that changes anything. If not, then it's presumably down to the traffic on your site (are the errors occurring at particular times?) If so, your current hosting package isn't suitable and you will need to find a better host.

I only have one other which bumps a thread. It is a very important one as it bumps threads from the previous year to the current year. That cycle will continue each year. But if I have to let it go, I will do so. Now it looks as if I should look for another host, but as you can see I know nothing about these things. Would have no idea how too go about it or how to choose a good one.:(:(:(

I got back to the host and told them I might have to change hosts. They replied:

Will look further into this issue, and will get back to you as soon as I can.

I have since done some 'googling' and found out that there is such a thing as a VPS which combines 'dedicated' and 'shared' facilities. It seems to be the answer to my problems.
I do not want to lose XenForo and saw that there is a section on this forum that lists reliable hosts. I hope I do not have to change hosts as it involves a lot of knowledge I do not have.

There are quality shared hosts out there that will not have that limitation. I would NOT suggest a VPS unless you are going to get a managed system or you have extensive knowledge of server administration.

I have no knowledge of any of these things full stop! So will take you advice and give the vps idea away. I realise you would not be able to tell me publicly here but could you PM me of a
  • quality host where they would do the transferring machinations involved?
  • And secondly one that would have xenforo as webuilder?

Top Bottom