XF 1.5 Server Errors query

kadona

When logging in to Control Panel my attention was drawn to the following:

Server errors have been logged. You should review these.

There is a long list there but I have no idea what I am supposed to do. Should I delete them. If so it looks as if it can only be done one at a time.
And there are a lot!

I haven't used a shared hosting environment in years (I'm a dedicated server kinda guy) and don't keep up with what the better ones are. WebHosting Talk is a good place to check for that.
As for XenForo "webuilder" if you mean as an option to install - nobody.

The only add ons I have are XenForo media gallery, XenForo Resource Manager and a Bump add-on. I live in Australia and the host is:

HostPapa : https://www.hostpapa.com.au/
What can I expect to happen if the errors continue?
I have no knowledge of any of these things full stop! So will take you advice and give the vps idea away.
there is a plenty VPS hosting who offer managed solution.

Typically how many visitors are you getting a day? If you are getting quite a few then you may need to consider a VPS. If you're not getting that many then shared hosting would suffice, though you would need to get it from another provider as this current one seems very limiting on resources for shared hosting.

Typically how many visitors are you getting a day? If you are getting quite a few then you may need to consider a VPS. If you're not getting that many then shared hosting would suffice, though you would need to get it from another provider as this current one seems very limiting on resources for shared hosting.

I do not get many visitors per day. I have no idea how to get another provider. I've tried to find out by googling and it looks as if I would lose XenForo from what I have asked here. It the fully managed one does what I cannot do then it is worth it.

I do not get many visitors per day. I have no idea how to get another provider. I've tried to find out by googling and it looks as if I would lose XenForo from what I have asked here. It the fully managed one does what I cannot do then it is worth it.
You wouldn't lose XenForo. You would take a backup of all of the files on your site and a copy of your database (and depending on whether you are using cpanel or something with your hosting provider then this would be fairly easy to do). You'd put that copy on your computer and then upload it to your new host (likely through cpanel or similar, whatever they provide). These are all questions that you would ask of a new host.

Some web hosts may even do the transfer for you. A2 Web Hosting is one that will do this:

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/gettin...ta/migrating-an-account-from-another-web-host

I don't use A2 Web Hosting but I've seen them advertising on these forums:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...92-3700-reviews-us-eu-asia-ssd-drives.115443/

They have servers in Australia which I think would suit you. I'll tag @Alex - A2Hosting in case he wants to jump in and comment, or you could contact him yourself.

How wonderful! That is the best news I have had for some time. Thank you. I would be grateful if you would 'tag' A2 Hosting please. I looked up the links and as you say they will do the migrating for me. I certainly have no knowledge/ability to do what you have outlined.

Oh I see! I have contacted Alex there on his profile page and referred him to this conversation. In the meantime I will read through his posts as time permits.

I can upgrade HostPapa who answer quickly, but for the last time, but wanted to find out about A2 first. Am I doing something wrong?
I have responded to you about this in the conversation you sent me.

For anyone else, it's always best to contact a hosting company directly on their own website rather than on XenForo. Also sales departments don't always work at weekends (emergency support does work 24/7 though).

When logging in to Control Panel my attention was drawn to the following:

Server errors have been logged. You should review these.

There is a long list there but I have no idea what I am supposed to do. Should I delete them. If so it looks as if it can only be done one at a time.
And there are a lot!
A lot of water has gone under the bridge since my last post here. I am glad to say that the migration to a VPS A2 hosting is finally in process with a lot of help from Alex. Still is to be finalized of course after the 5-day migrating is completed. It has been a real learning curve, which is a mixed blessing because it also shows me how much more I do not know as well.

I have quoted my original post as I notice that I can clear all the errors away with the press of a button. I had not noticed it before as I needed to know more before I did anything. My question now is:

Is it OK to clear them away?

Is it OK to clear them away?
Yes it is, once you are aware of the errors and looked into the cause of them (and hopefully resolved what the issue is). I always clear the error log after noting and dealing with any issues.

I hope the move to A2 works out and you have trouble-free hosting moving forwards. :)

Yes it is, once you are aware of the errors and looked into the cause of them (and hopefully resolved what the issue is). I always clear the error log after noting and dealing with any issues.
Well no. I have done none of the above - I updated to a VPS managed situation in order to deal with those very issues. I'm glad I asked here first, as it was so tempting to get rid of them. However, you have answered my question. When the migration is completed I will ask via the managed VPS.

And thank you again Martok for your patience. You helped me a lot with my dummy questions. :)

Well no. I have done none of the above - I updated to a VPS managed situation in order to deal with those very issues. I'm glad I asked here first, as it was so tempting to get rid of them. However, you have answered my question. When the migration is completed I will ask via the managed VPS.
Sorry, I was talking in general about server error messages. I think that your errors were all down to the limited resources on your previous host. As you are moving to a VPS on A2, I'd suggest you clear the error logs (as they are likely all related to the previous host) and then just deal with any new ones that should arise. Hopefully the new hosting will mean that you won't get any more of these.

And thank you again Martok for your patience. You helped me a lot with my dummy questions. :)
No problem, happy to help. We were all new to this at some point. :)

Top Bottom