dutchbb

Screenshot: server_errors_1.5.7.webp

I hired someone to look at our server, their short analysis:

Outdated Scripts:
1- WHM & cPanel
2- CSF firewall
3- Centos scripts upgrades

Suspected issues:
There are good chances that the upgrade process missed a step or something which is generating random errors from XenForo core. There are some serious errors reporting, those should be investigated further.
Error title: No such file or directory (Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception)

Database:
There is no apparent damage or issue with the database.

Advice on how to handle these errors is welcome. Btw there were no visible problems during the upgrade process. The "No such file or directory" error has been showing up in the log a few times before the upgrade as well.

My host has this to say (I'm not sure I understand what 's going on here TBH):

mysql.sock is created automatically when mysql starts successfully. Without mysql.sock, mysql would not function. It's created in /tmp by default. I can not help you with the error since I have insufficient information.

Would appreciate if you can explain what to do about the error Mike, if you need more details about it please ask, thanks.

This is an error message coming internally from PHP when it simply can't find or access the socket file. There isn't anything we can do about the error.

It might indicate that the file is being removed (due to a MySQL restart), though the fact that there's an error log probably implies that isn't the case (not definitively though). Alternatively, I suppose it could point to the server not having any available file descriptors. There's a bit of discussion of it as a sporadic issue here, though the issue was indeed MySQL being restarted: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...on-not-working-2002-no-such-file-or-directory You should definitely look at your MySQL logs to see if there's anything information there.

You can "workaround" this specific issue by using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost as your DB host name in config.php, though that may simply expose different issues.

TY - there are apparently only legitimate restarts in the mysql log, no errors, corruptions or other strange things. We're not sure what else to look for, I certainly do not have the expertise .

This is the last occurrence of this specific error:

Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: No such file or directory - library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:00 AM

Stack Trace

#0 /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect()
#1 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(730): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection()
#2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application->loadDb(Object(Zend_Config))
#3 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(973): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1004): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad('db', NULL)
#5 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(1609): XenForo_Application::get('db')
#6 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(236): XenForo_Application::getDb()
#7 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(323): XenForo_Session->__construct()
#8 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Session.php(257): XenForo_Session::getPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#9 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(293): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(306): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession('Index')
#11 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index', 'XenForo_Control...')
#12 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#13 /home/forum/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(72) "http://forum.mydomain.nl/topics/(title).385307/page-46"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

So it happens on a regular basis, apart from upgrades.

But maybe I should ask in the server forum as this isn't really an installation issue.

Top Bottom