Not a bug Server Error

Hilmer

Hi Guys

In the ACP I get a message about server errors. When I click I get this Log: (some of it because it is long)

1. Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Today at 10:46 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
  2. Delete...
    Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Today at 10:43 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
  3. Delete...
    Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Today at 07:46 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
  4. Delete...
    Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedToday at 07:44 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
  5. Delete...
    Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedToday at 07:43 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
  6. Delete...
    Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedYesterday at 23:44 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
  7. Delete...
    Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedYesterday at 23:36 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
  8. Delete...
    Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Yesterday at 22:27 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
  9. Delete...
    Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Yesterday at 22:24 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
  10. Delete...
    Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Yesterday at 22:24 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
  11. Delete...
    Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DISTINCT template.* FROM xf_template_map AS template_map INNER JOIN xf_t' at line 1Yesterday at 22:23 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Thanks a lot - I will try to fix it.

As for most of my colleagues who are running a community, we are ether photographers, artists, musicians or just owner of a shop that we want to support with a forum.
We are not coders and not familiar with MySQL, PHP and these things. That is why Wordpress has become such a popular platform - we don't have to worry about anything but being creative and developing the content of out sites.

I really like Xenforo a lot, and I intend to use it for the years to come. That said I spend way too much time maintaining and updating the "engine" instead of taking care of the users. Now for instance I will have to teach myself how to do this:

• Open phpMyAdmin.
  • Click on the database name on the left.
  • Click on the SQL tab at the top.
  • Paste in the query.
  • Click Go.
  • Repeat steps 3 to 5 for additional queries.

Further more I will have to edit code and upload files to the server.

I will definitely manage to do all of this but I have to admit that I am constantly looking for a "Wordpress" kind of forum platform with 1-klick upgrade and no need of coding and database knowledge.

This post is just meant as a suggestion and I wrote it to let you guys know how I think Xenforo could be a lot easier and better.

All the best
Morten

Upgrading to a new second point release is never going to be single click, unless you are running a totally stock installation.

That is why Wordpress has become such a popular platform - we don't have to worry about anything

Your problem seems related to an addon (bdTagMe). If you are running a stock Xenforo every single update I did was hasslefree - just like on Wordpress.

Another option would be to hire someone doing the updates for you.

Nice to know Brogan.

Thanks Walter. We allready spend a lot of money on our webshop and because this forum is only for "fun" it is not an option to hire a freelancer.
But I will uninstall some of the add-ons to make it simpler and easier to maintain. Thanks for a great suggestion.

Top Bottom