1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Server Error

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Hilmer, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Hilmer

Hilmer Active Member

Hi Guys

In the ACP I get a message about server errors. When I click I get this Log: (some of it because it is long)

1. Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Today at 10:46 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    2. Delete...
      Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Today at 10:43 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    3. Delete...
      Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Today at 07:46 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    4. Delete...
      Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedToday at 07:44 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
    5. Delete...
      Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedToday at 07:43 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
    6. Delete...
      Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedYesterday at 23:44 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
    7. Delete...
      Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /volume1/web/hilmer_koch/forum/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/Post.php on line 19 and definedYesterday at 23:36 - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582
    8. Delete...
      Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Yesterday at 22:27 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    9. Delete...
      Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Yesterday at 22:24 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    10. Delete...
      Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'Yesterday at 22:24 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    11. Delete...
      Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DISTINCT template.* FROM xf_template_map AS template_map INNER JOIN xf_t' at line 1Yesterday at 22:23 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

4. Hilmer

Hilmer Active Member

Thanks a lot - I will try to fix it.

As for most of my colleagues who are running a community, we are ether photographers, artists, musicians or just owner of a shop that we want to support with a forum.
    We are not coders and not familiar with MySQL, PHP and these things. That is why Wordpress has become such a popular platform - we don't have to worry about anything but being creative and developing the content of out sites.

I really like Xenforo a lot, and I intend to use it for the years to come. That said I spend way too much time maintaining and updating the "engine" instead of taking care of the users. Now for instance I will have to teach myself how to do this:

• Open phpMyAdmin.
    • Click on the database name on the left.
    • Click on the SQL tab at the top.
    • Paste in the query.
    • Click Go.
    • Repeat steps 3 to 5 for additional queries.

Further more I will have to edit code and upload files to the server.

I will definitely manage to do all of this but I have to admit that I am constantly looking for a "Wordpress" kind of forum platform with 1-klick upgrade and no need of coding and database knowledge.

This post is just meant as a suggestion and I wrote it to let you guys know how I think Xenforo could be a lot easier and better.

All the best
    Morten

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Upgrading to a new second point release is never going to be single click, unless you are running a totally stock installation.

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Your problem seems related to an addon (bdTagMe). If you are running a stock Xenforo every single update I did was hasslefree - just like on Wordpress.

Another option would be to hire someone doing the updates for you.

Hilmer likes this.
  7. Hilmer

Hilmer Active Member

Nice to know Brogan.

Thanks Walter. We allready spend a lot of money on our webshop and because this forum is only for "fun" it is not an option to hire a freelancer.
    But I will uninstall some of the add-ons to make it simpler and easier to maintain. Thanks for a great suggestion.