I've run into some problems when trying to run the install, and I'm afraid I'm not knowledgeable enough about servers to figure out what the issue is.
I ran the compatibility file, and it's compatible ... and we have mysql 5 something - so that can't be the issue, presumably. I've uploaded the files, changed the directory permissions on the two folders I was directed to, and then tried to run the install, but it instead brought up a server error, as follows :
scandir(/usr/www/users/csforum/xen/data) [<a href='function.scandir'>function.scandir</a>]: failed to open dir: Permission denied
- scandir()in/usr/www/users/csforum/xen/library/XenForo/Install/Model/Install.phpat line67
- XenForo_Install_Model_Install->getRequirementErrors()in/usr/www/users/csforum/xen/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.phpat line22
- XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionIndex()in/usr/www/users/csforum/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.phpat line303
- XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()in/usr/www/users/csforum/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
- XenForo_FrontController->run()in/usr/www/users/csforum/xen/install/index.phpat line17
Our server site is sometimes a bit weird - it's a dedicated server ... and the place we're hosted isn't specifically set up for forums like some of the more common hosts are so sometimes there's some weird hoops to jump through. I'm wondering if something like that is causing the problem?
Does anyone have any ideas?