XF 2.1 MySql error when trying to install on localhost

asprin

I've XAMPP installed on my Windows environment. I started the installation process and it took quite a while (close to 12-15 minutes) with the "Phrases import" taking a bulk of the time (odd though since I'm installing locally so I would reckon it should have taken less time)

After that, I get the following message:
error.PNG

While creating this post, I'm also trying to start the install process via CLI (it is currently in progress and once again the phrases import is taking a lot of time) but in the meantime thought of posting about it here to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

Is this because of mysql version not being supported for 2.1.4? Also attaching the PHP/MySql versions that I'm currently using:
versions.PNG

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Same error reported through CLI too:
error_cli.webp

Last edited:
Okay. After a lot of digging and searching, I managed to solve it. Here are the steps to follow in case someone might find it useful:

Step I:
(1) Stop the mysql server via XAMPP control panel
(2) Open your my.ini file (usually located at <xampp installation directory>\mysql\bin)
(3) Find innodb_log_file_size entry OR create a new entry if not found
(4) Set the value to 256M to read as "innodb_log_file_size = 256M" (original value was 5M in my case)
(5) Save the file

Step II:
(1) Navigate to the mysql log file location (usually located at <xampp installation directory>\mysql\data)
(2) Delete the ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 files
(3) Start the mysql server

Bonus (not sure if true though):
To verify if the 256M is taking effect, navigate to the mysql log file location again and observe the file sizes of ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 files. They should be around 256MB.

Step III:
(1) Start Xenforo installation again

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom