Server Error when posting in a specific forum

Lisa

Getting a few weird errors.

Open MicDiscussion _ Admin Extra.webp

Looking in the server error log, the following error comes up a few times:-

Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:394

Also, in the middle of a conversation the most recent replies starting showing at the very top of the conversation instead of at the bottom.:confused:

Absolutely no settings have been changed in the last 24 hours... any clue?

The clock was likely off before, such that a post was made in the ... future. :)

You can delete the posts that haven't been made yet--I mean, where the clock was too far forward--and that will resolve it, as will waiting until the clock catches up.

The clock was likely off before, such that a post was made in the ... future. :)

You can delete the posts that haven't been made yet--I mean, where the clock was too far forward--and that will resolve it, as will waiting until the clock catches up.
I know what you mean, but that entire post is so much of a headwreck right now :D

Getting these posting errors again (not time-related).

Server Error log says:-

XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. -library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:394

Code:
Stack Trace
#0 /library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(327): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_setPosition()
#1 /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1422): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave()
#2 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(498): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#3 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#4 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(69) "http://adminextra.com/threads/adx-email-in-spam-folder.5325/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["message_html"] => string(27) "<p>grrrr</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(60) "http://adminextra.com/threads/adx-email-in-spam-folder.5325/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "a0e4ba01ce367295acef77104e646dce"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1322725135"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(56) "1989,1322708984,39b45c8e90d975cafc35788ec54d112a5ffd7fde"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/threads/adx-email-in-spam-folder.5325/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Just to update and in case anyone else has this. Hosting company confirmed it was an error due to ntpd failure - hopefully you'll know what that means, cos I sure as hell don't :D All I know is that Knownhost are awesome and have fixed it hehehe

Top Bottom