1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Error when posting in a specific forum

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Lisa, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Getting a few weird errors.

Open MicDiscussion _ Admin Extra.png

Looking in the server error log, the following error comes up a few times:-

Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:394

Also, in the middle of a conversation the most recent replies starting showing at the very top of the conversation instead of at the bottom.:confused:

Absolutely no settings have been changed in the last 24 hours... any clue?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Lisa likes this.
  3. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Doesn't appear to be a problem with the clock. (Thanks for the quick response, though, Jake :) )

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The clock was likely off before, such that a post was made in the ... future. :)

You can delete the posts that haven't been made yet--I mean, where the clock was too far forward--and that will resolve it, as will waiting until the clock catches up.

Lisa likes this.
  5. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, but that entire post is so much of a headwreck right now :D

6. Mike

Quick, get into this DeLorean and I'll explain... ;)

Lisa likes this.
  7. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Getting these posting errors again (not time-related).

Server Error log says:-

XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. -library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:394

Code:
    Stack Trace
    #0 /library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(327): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_setPosition()
    #1 /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1422): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave()
    #2 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(498): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
    #3 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #4 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #5 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #6 {main}

Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(69) "http://adminextra.com/threads/adx-email-in-spam-folder.5325/add-reply"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(8) {
        ["message_html"] => string(27) "<p>grrrr</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>"
        ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(60) "http://adminextra.com/threads/adx-email-in-spam-folder.5325/"
        ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "a0e4ba01ce367295acef77104e646dce"
        ["last_date"] => string(10) "1322725135"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(56) "1989,1322708984,39b45c8e90d975cafc35788ec54d112a5ffd7fde"
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/threads/adx-email-in-spam-folder.5325/"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

8. Mike

I'm not sure what time zone guests are in, but this post has the wrong time: http://adminextra.com/threads/adx-email-in-spam-folder.5325/#post-43470 (in the future based on your server time).

When I loaded the page, it said the timestamp was 1322710362. The time of that post was 1322725135, around 14000 seconds newer. So basically, your server clock jumped back significantly (the time right now is roughly 1322732106).

9. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Joyous....it happened at exactly the same time yesterday as well... will speak to my hosting.. Thanks Mike :)

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Just to update and in case anyone else has this. Hosting company confirmed it was an error due to ntpd failure - hopefully you'll know what that means, cos I sure as hell don't :D All I know is that Knownhost are awesome and have fixed it hehehe

11. Mike

Ntpd is a clock sync service. Most helpful. :)