Server error on emails

mistypants

Hi all,
A user of mine reported that he was not receiving site emails. I sent him an email through cPanel from the email address I use for the site ( contact@kh-vids.net ) and he received that one just fine, so it's an issue with my Xenforo install, not junk/spam filters like I assumed. I checked my server errors and sure enough, there were a few related to emails.

I've only received a few reports of emails not being sent so they are working most of the time. One of the errors I saw was just related to the email field being too long (bots were trying to register with some insane emails and got rejected), the other common one looks like this:

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: Fearless, Saturday at 2:51 PM

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#3 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(204): XenForo_Mail->send('lyanne_afifreak...', '(??????????????...', Array, '', '', '')
#5 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(855): XenForo_Mail->queue('lyanne_afifreak...', '(??????????????...')
#6 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(712): XenForo_Model_Conversation->insertConversationAlert(Array, Array, 'reply', Array, Array, Array)
#7 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(304): XenForo_Model_Conversation->addConversationReplyToRecipients(Array, Array, Array)
#8 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#9 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(144): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#10 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_postSave()
#11 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(858): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#12 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsertReply()
#13 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/khvids/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(88) "http://www.kh-vids.net/conversations/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you.165183/insert-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["message_html"] => string(67) "<p>Sent. Still a little sick, but I'm not sure if you can tell.</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(76) "http://www.kh-vids.net/conversations/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you.165183/"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1354840773"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(56) "2422,1354994878,d164cd57cdd12b07cbe22bdcd1f9617b844c3ded"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(54) "/conversations/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you.165183/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Any idea what's causing this?

There is no error log for the email I just tried sending my user (the above one is from a few days ago), but I assume the issues are related.

Top Bottom