1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server error on emails

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mistypants, Dec 11, 2012.

1. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    A user of mine reported that he was not receiving site emails. I sent him an email through cPanel from the email address I use for the site ( contact@kh-vids.net ) and he received that one just fine, so it's an issue with my Xenforo install, not junk/spam filters like I assumed. I checked my server errors and sure enough, there were a few related to emails.

I've only received a few reports of emails not being sent so they are working most of the time. One of the errors I saw was just related to the email field being too long (bots were trying to register with some insane emails and got rejected), the other common one looks like this:

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
    Generated By: Fearless, Saturday at 2:51 PM

Stack Trace
    Code:
    #0 /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
    #1 /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #2 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
    #3 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #4 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(204): XenForo_Mail->send('lyanne_afifreak...', '(??????????????...', Array, '', '', '')
    #5 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(855): XenForo_Mail->queue('lyanne_afifreak...', '(??????????????...')
    #6 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(712): XenForo_Model_Conversation->insertConversationAlert(Array, Array, 'reply', Array, Array, Array)
    #7 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(304): XenForo_Model_Conversation->addConversationReplyToRecipients(Array, Array, Array)
    #8 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
    #9 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(144): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #10 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_postSave()
    #11 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(858): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #12 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsertReply()
    #13 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #14 /home/khvids/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #15 {main}
    Request State
    Code:
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(88) "http://www.kh-vids.net/conversations/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you.165183/insert-reply"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(7) {
        ["message_html"] => string(67) "<p>Sent. Still a little sick, but I'm not sure if you can tell.</p>"
        ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(76) "http://www.kh-vids.net/conversations/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you.165183/"
        ["last_date"] => string(10) "1354840773"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(56) "2422,1354994878,d164cd57cdd12b07cbe22bdcd1f9617b844c3ded"
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(54) "/conversations/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you.165183/"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }
    Any idea what's causing this?

There is no error log for the email I just tried sending my user (the above one is from a few days ago), but I assume the issues are related.

Amaury likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member