1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Server Error Logs max user connection

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by herocus, May 6, 2015.

1. herocus

herocus Member

Hello

This been happening from time to time and I kind of observe this.
    I have the server error logs (see attachment)

I emailed my hosting to report this, and this is the reply:

my question is...
    is there caching plugins for xenforo?
    or perhaps some add on that cause the connections to database is not closing?

any advise or idea?

thanks in advance for any help...

regards

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I checked your site and I wouldn't consider it to be particularly busy.

I would suggest switching hosts.

3. herocus

herocus Member

hi brogan
    thanks for the reply... that is my thought too...

thanks for the advise

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would note that we're not using PHP's persistent connections feature with MySQL, so by definition, the database connection will be closed when the script is running. They may be seeing the INSERT DELAYED system, which you can disable if you wish ("Enable Delayed Insert SQL Queries"), though it shouldn't make a huge difference for a smallish form.

It could happen if there's a burst of activity or if the server is overloaded (thus taking pages longer to generate, making the error more likely). If it happens very infrequently (2 times in 2 months is not particularly often), it may be tolerable.

5. herocus

herocus Member

Hi Mike
    thanks for the info, appreciate this.

6. herocus

herocus Member

Hello

I just recently got more error log (attached)

Also have send the email to the my hosting to ask about that... This is the reply I got:

I'm not sure what he means though... I've asked them but haven't got replied yet.

As Brogan suggested I might try to get other hosting solution... my question is, how many connection is considered normal?
    what to ask from the hosting company to make sure this thing is not happening?

appreciate for anyone help.

cheers

Attached Files:

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Basically what Brogan said... change hosts or get a better server at your current host. You are on a shared server which means resources are shared. In a shared hosting environment these kinds of errors can happen as a matter of course because the available resources are unreliable. It's not something you can fix in XenForo. You have exceeded the capacity of your server and you need a better server with more resources.

If you were on a dedicated or virtualized server then you could increase the connection limit in MySQL, but a shared server doesn't allow you this control. Your web host would have the ability to increase the limit but they usually aren't willing to do this on shared servers.

8. MoonRiver

MoonRiver Member

Recently, we were having some error issues with our script and per Bluehost, an upgrade was the solution so we upgraded and paid in advance for one year. We then starting have connection issues, so I was back on the phone again with them. They said we needed to optimize, so we did as per their instructions. The problems have not gone away and now I have concerns from paying a year in advance. Which way would you go at this juncture? Should I continue calling them all the time? They are no longer using the ticket service.

We are growing well and want to be able to find partners that would be excited to grow with us.:confused:

Attached Files:

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your site is very small.

You shouldn't be getting those sort of server issues with such low traffic.

My advice is to find a new host.

MoonRiver likes this.
  10. MoonRiver

MoonRiver Member

What a pain in the toody! Thank you for your thoughts.