XF 1.4 Server Error Log (SMF)

wickedstangs

I have been getting lots of error after I did the move from SMF to Xenforo.. How can I fix this..

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: username - library/XenForo/Authentication/SMF.php:52
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago

#0 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/Authentication/SMF.php(52): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/******/...', 52, Array)
#1 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1299): XenForo_Authentication_SMF->authenticate(453, 'xxx')
#2 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(107): XenForo_Model_User->validateAuthentication('sah62', 'xxx', NULL)
#3 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
#4 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/******/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(31) "http://stangfix.com/login/login"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["login"] => string(5) "sah62"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["remember"] => string(1) "1"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["redirect"] => string(20) "http://stangfix.com/"
  }
}

Last edited by a moderator:
I just edited your post as you were actually exposing a user's password, there.

If you have a lot of these errors, could you just check them for this line:
Code:
XenForo_Authentication_SMF->authenticate(453, 'xxx')

453, in this case, is the user_id of the user who is trying to log in. Is it the same user every time, or other users?

Code:

453, in this case, is the user_id of the user who is trying to log in. Is it the same user every time, or other users?
The last three errors are the same user_id

Code:

I have the same problem. Migrated from SMF recently.
Many users are affected. Is there a solution to this problem? I can't spend time every day e-mailing these users.

Hi @farang

Could you please submit a ticket from your customer area with Php My Admin and FTP log in details so we can have a closer look?
Hi Chris. This is part of the answer I got from support:
The recommended method when doing a double import is for members to perform a password reset via the link from the front end.
Anything else is unsupported.

I did the double import because I got the impression that importing from SMF is not supoported. https://xenforo.com/help/importing/

XenForo has the ability to import data from other forum software, a process also known as converting. Version 1.2 of XenForo supports importing data from the following:
vBulletin 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, and 4.x.
Invision Power Board 3.x.
phpBB 3.0.
MyBB 1.6
XenForo 1.2 = 1.4

Now I will have to live with daily server errors.

The importer isn't currently listed there because it is in beta.

The problem with just living with it is that each one of those server errors represents one of your users who can't log on.

Ideally you would do the import again, properly. Also, it would be an unusual move to do an import to another software without fully testing that process first.

You may wish to see if an add-on exists which will bulk reset a password for users (this will reset the authentication scheme)

https://xenforo.com/community/search/6648783/?q=password&t=resource_update&o=relevance

Though please bear in mind that the official advice remains to use the direct importer.

Top Bottom