1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Server Error Log (SMF)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by wickedstangs, Feb 22, 2015.

1. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

I have been getting lots of error after I did the move from SMF to Xenforo.. How can I fix this..

Code:
    ErrorException: Undefined index: username - library/XenForo/Authentication/SMF.php:52
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago

#0 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/Authentication/SMF.php(52): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/******/...', 52, Array)
    #1 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1299): XenForo_Authentication_SMF->authenticate(453, 'xxx')
    #2 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(107): XenForo_Model_User->validateAuthentication('sah62', 'xxx', NULL)
    #3 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
    #4 /home/******/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #5 /home/******/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #6 {main}

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(31) "http://stangfix.com/login/login"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(7) {
        ["login"] => string(5) "sah62"
        ["register"] => string(1) "0"
        ["password"] => string(8) "********"
        ["remember"] => string(1) "1"
        ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["redirect"] => string(20) "http://stangfix.com/"
      }
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've flagged it to @Chris D as it may be a bug.

wickedstangs likes this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I just edited your post as you were actually exposing a user's password, there.

If you have a lot of these errors, could you just check them for this line:
    Code:
    XenForo_Authentication_SMF->authenticate(453, 'xxx')
    453, in this case, is the user_id of the user who is trying to log in. Is it the same user every time, or other users?

wickedstangs likes this.
  4. wickedstangs

The last three errors are the same user_id

5. Chris D

How many is there? If it only affects on user, in the first instance solve his problem by asking him to do a lost password request.

6. wickedstangs

right now there is only 3 I just hit clear server error log

7. Chris D

OK. Contact that user, though, that user will just be unable to log on until he resets his password.

8. wickedstangs

@Chris D how can I find the user with just the user_id #?

9. wickedstangs

how can I find the user with just the user_id #?

10. Chris D

wickedstangs likes this.
  11. farang

farang Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Migrated from SMF recently.
    Many users are affected. Is there a solution to this problem? I can't spend time every day e-mailing these users.

12. Chris D

Hi @farang

Could you please submit a ticket from your customer area with Php My Admin and FTP log in details so we can have a closer look?

farang likes this.
  13. farang

farang Well-Known Member

Thanks. I just did so. :D

14. farang

farang Well-Known Member

Hi Chris. This is part of the answer I got from support:
    I did the double import because I got the impression that importing from SMF is not supoported. https://xenforo.com/help/importing/

Now I will have to live with daily server errors.

15. Chris D

The importer isn't currently listed there because it is in beta.

The problem with just living with it is that each one of those server errors represents one of your users who can't log on.

Ideally you would do the import again, properly. Also, it would be an unusual move to do an import to another software without fully testing that process first.

You may wish to see if an add-on exists which will bulk reset a password for users (this will reset the authentication scheme)

https://xenforo.com/community/search/6648783/?q=password&t=resource_update&o=relevance

Though please bear in mind that the official advice remains to use the direct importer.