Server configuration?

Rightuni

i have done several research and I am about to purchase the software but I have just one question. I want to host it with Eukhost. They have seen the requirements and confirm they can host it. Have you guys had to configure a host server with the various requirements or the host (Eukhost) in this case usually have packages suited to your software?

I have contacted them and they said their vps is operating the new php 5.6 same with my SQL. They asked if xenforo is compatible with this newer version of php and my sql. Alternatively they will offer a plain Linux server and I will manage my cms myself. Can you guys install the software and the requirement on this plain server if required as I will be paying for installation.

So the bottom line is xenforo doesn't work with php 5.6 and my SQL 5.6?
Code:
[root@whiskey init.d]# php -v
PHP 5.6.12 (cli) (built: Sep  4 2015 09:42:25)
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2015, by Zend Technologies
[root@whiskey init.d]# mysql -V
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.21-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
Seems to do fine for my two sites (and all the other things I run on that server).

I have purchased a Linux based shared hosting server . I was wondering if i could pm the details to the installation team so they can see if it is good to go or there needs to be additional configuration before going ahead. I will be paying for installation. thanks

There's a requirements test script here: https://xenforo.com/purchase/ That should be sufficient to determine if the server meets the minimum requirements.

If you purchase the installation, we will check the requirements as part of the installation process and if they aren't met, we'll let you know and you can decide how you want to proceed (work out the requirements with your host or get a refund).

Top Bottom