Serve Google fonts locally

Serve Google fonts locally

I'm running iOS 9 beta so I don't know if thats got something to do with it but its doing it on my iPad which is iOS 8
Do you mean it's working on the IOS 8 iPad but not a BETA of IOS? :whistle:
There's been other browser rendering issues reported with the BETA - that's normally why it's a BETA. ;)
The font I'm using is Oswald, and my forum is gamecave.co/community/
They look (other than some rendering due to my graphics card on my Mac Mini - built in and not really high quality) similar to me (you can expand the image below larger).

example-1.webp

Do you mean it's working on the IOS 8 iPad but not a BETA of IOS? :whistle:
There's been other browser rendering issues reported with the BETA - that's normally why it's a BETA. ;)

They look (other than some rendering due to my graphics card on my Mac Mini - built in and not really high quality) similar to me (you can expand the image below larger).

View attachment 115518
Well thats worrying... this is what it looks like for me.

In TMS, edit the template Page_Container and in the <head> section add (depending on what font(s) you want)
Code:
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Sancreek' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
, with each font def on an individual line.

Then, in your EXTRA.css you can call it by
Code:
font-family: 'Sancreek', sans-serif;
font-family: 'Sancreek', serif;
, or just use 'Sancreek',sans-serif in your Style Properties definitions.

I'm clearly missing something really obvious, so please put me out of my misery...

I'm trying to add

Code:
<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' >

into Page_Container below <xen:include template="page_container_js_head" /> (or anywhere, for that matter!) and every time I hit Save All Changes, it goes to a white screen with the date and time and nothing gets saved.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm still on 1.5 at the moment
I think the Lato:400,700 needs to be escaped due to the colon and comma in it's string but am not sure. I no longer have an active XF site running so I can't test it (running a different script on my live site), hence this resource being listed as unmaintained as well as dealing primarily with the hosting of the fonts locally instead of relying on Google to do it.
To know what is "going wrong" you will need to review the log files for any errors (the ACP, and also your web server and PHP processor)... if on shared hosting your hosting provider should be able to assist in that. You can also look at the page source to see if any error is shown when the white screen shows up.

Got it. It wasn't an issue with the code. Wordfence Firewall from the Wordpress install on the same domain was blocking it. In case anyone else runs into it, the trick is to put Wordfence Firewall into Learning mode, then do it, then turn off Learning mode and it all works happily again.

Thanks guys!

Got it. It wasn't an issue with the code. Wordfence Firewall from the Wordpress install on the same domain was blocking it. In case anyone else runs into it, the trick is to put Wordfence Firewall into Learning mode, then do it, then turn off Learning mode and it all works happily again.

Thanks guys!

Glad you were able to sort it, and thanks for letting everyone know how you solved it.

Hai @Tracy Perry how to do this on xf 2?
thanks.
Have no idea as I said earlier I have no instances of 2.X line running, the only live site consists of different script (IPS).
It may still work the same... I just can't say for sure as I don't have an install to test against. That is why it's marked as unmaintained now.

I'm sure that detailed XF2 help can be obtained in the styling and customization questions node.

Top Bottom