Lack of interest Separate Bullet Point: Create a New Album

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

erich37

Suggestion:

Separate Bullet Point: Create a New Album

Reason:
currently it is a bit hard to see of how to create a new album.
this would make it more obvious of how to do it.

create_new_album_easier.webp

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This doesn't make sense and it unnecessary duplication IMO. Besides, there wouldn't be a dropdown for a new album.

The only think that I think could be argued is that in the current set-up, the phase "Create or choose an album..." might be better.

Similar Suggestion, but having a "visual" element:

Example:

choose where you would like to add a new photo:

- choose one of your 2 existing albums (Album: peace & love) / (Album: hungry)
- create a new album

create_example.webp

Last edited:
One thing i don't like is that we have to click on the drop down just to make a new album. But your photo didn't really make sense.

Wouldnt a simple link be easier and better?

create_new_album.webp

Depends on what your definition of easier means. For me easier means being lazy.(the least amount of clicks)

Even with your phrase change i still have to click 2 times.

1 drop down menu
2 create an album

But with the link. Just click 1 time

Depends on what your definition of easier means. For me easier means being lazy.(the least amount of clicks)

Even with your phrase change i still have to click 2 times.

1 drop down menu
2 create an album

But with the link. Just click 1 time
True, but then it also potentially leads people to creating new albums when it may be more appropriate to add to an existing album that they may have forgotten about. The 2 clicks with dropdown is a nice reminder of the albums you already have.

True, but then it also potentially leads people to creating new albums when it may be more appropriate to add to an existing album that they may have forgotten about. The 2 clicks with dropdown is a nice reminder of the albums you already have.

when you visually display his existing Albums to the user, then he will immediately see his already existing albums.
As per my "Example" in post #3 above.

Same can be done with "Categories": display already existing images from a certain "Category".

1 click to choose an existing album or create a new album.

Literally, there is no need for a "Dropdown" or a "Radio Button".

when you visually display his existing Albums to the user, then he will immediately see his already existing albums.
As per my "Example" in post #3 above.

Same can be done with "Categories": display already existing images from a certain "Category".

1 click to choose an existing album or create a new album.

Literally, there is no need for a "Dropdown" or a "Radio Button".
As I said, what you have suggested in #3 is not what you are suggesting in your original post. They are completely different. Just look at your screenshots to see that.

Have you considered how this would look in a forum where there are dozens of categories and users have a lot of albums? It wouldn't be possible to show all of those on one page, so pagination would be required (don't expect Chris and the team to add infinite scroll ;) ). That certainly would make it a lot worse than a text dropdown.

Some of your suggestions are not very clear and need more detail. I find it hard to understand what it is exactly that you are asking for.

funny that my suggestions are so hard to understand for you guys, but you are still making alterations to my suggestion.
So it seems you have understood the suggestion quite well....

:)

funny that my suggestions are so hard to understand for you guys, but you are still making alterations to my suggestion.
So it seems you have understood the suggestion quite well....

:)
I have never said that your suggestions are hard to understand. I have said that they don't make sense and with each post you make, your suggestions change and don't relate to the original. Even you must acknowledge this as you deleted the screenshot in your first post.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for suggestions that will improve XFMG, you just need to be coherent and consistent with what you are suggesting.

Out of interest, how long have you been using XFMG on your forums? I've been using it for 18 months on mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom