SEO Utilities

SEO Utilities 1.0.1

No permission to download
Hi Julian, great, useful addon.
I let you know that I have seen that the pages dates are always the same and are not changing as per the first post of the page as you have planed. Give a check ;)

Hi Julian, great, useful addon.
I let you know that I have seen that the pages dates are always the same and are not changing as per the first post of the page as you have planed. Give a check ;)
humm. What style do you use? Maybe you have a very customized style. I would have to take a look at it to know what's going on.

That's why this addon is marked as Beta and has an Experimental warning at the beginning. So far this is aimed to improve your index coverage but we still can't provide real feedback to know if this will have a positive or negative effect. I definitively will leave my feedback if I see any change.
HI. Is there any feedback? Too soon?

HI. Is there any feedback? Too soon?
in my case I saw an increase in my index coverage. Check out the increase on June 17th:

1597165374813.webp

However, as you can also see in the graph, the search result impressions (blue line) hasn't budge at all and it even decreased slighly.

I have seen better index coverage (right now I have 4 pages worth of Google results from the last 24 hours, whereas before applying this change I had none) but if Google doesn't like your site, it probably won't matter to increase the index coverage, at least according to my personal experiencie.

i have a similar experience. Amount of indexed content has increased. Which is always nice. Though it is only going to actually benefit if you have useful content on those internal pages :p overall I am quite happy with this add-on.

I had a suggestion for a feature request if you plan to add new features. Though not many might be interested in this one. Bing has an API for automated submission for crawling (https://www.bing.com/webmasters/url-submission-api). Google SERP has so much competition, that it makes sense to focus a bit on bing as well. If you find it interesting enough, maybe the add-on could submit new threads as soon as they are created. They allow submissions of up to 10,000 URLs per day so this could logically be done on new posts as well though I guess that would increase complexity as you would have to keep a log of already submitted URLs.

Any updates on this? Would be interested in hearing about any experiences with this add-on.
Personally I have seen no difference. Even though my Sitemap index coverage went up, Google is not sending me more traffic because of it.

same. i am pretty happy with it. improved indexing does not hurt i guess. ranking and traffic would obviously depend upon quality of content. i have been using on 2.2 where it seems to work fine. not sure if any updates are needed for 2.2.

i have this working on 2.2 personally. i have not dived into the sitemap file to see if there are any issues with listing of different thread types. the sitemap log shows expecting change in numbers on each generation.
Thread start date per page feature however is not working on custom thread types. Probably would need an update to support relevant templates.

Update: Checked sitemap files. Question threads have proper pagination in sitemap.

In the sitemap file the <lastmod> date of each page is corresponding with the last post date of the whole thread. Even if the page is 1 of 234 and years old. Could you reflect the date of the current page like you did in the frontend also in the sitemap? I think that would be more representative of the actual currentness of the pages. Thanks!

Top Bottom